Bonjour class! Welcome to Ludology 101. Matthew Wiese of the Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab talks about his work and his experience on the academic side of games. Is ludology as sleep-inducing as it sounds? No sir, and in fact criticism and academia may have more in common than you think. With Chi Kong Lui, Brad Gallaway, Mike Bracken, and Tim Spaeth. Happy Thanksgiving to all our listeners!
Topic and Game References:
- Nerd Heroes: The Phenomenon of Loser Protagonists in Modern Japanese Games by Matthew Weise
- NY Times: Deconstructing the Video Game
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica Review by Chi Kong Lui
Please send feedback and mailbag questions to podcast (at) gamecritics (dot) com.
- GameCritics.com Radio 2018 GOTY Celebration - January 12, 2019
- GameCritics.com Radio 2017 Holiday Awards Spectacular - January 13, 2018
- GameCritics.com Radio Episode 5: The Switch and Zelda - April 7, 2017