Is the game industry in a state of arrested development? We present our take on Heather Chaplin's incendiary GDC presentation. Plus, the proliferation of co-op, the viability of OnLive, and lessons learned from Leisure Suit Larry. With Chi Kong Lui, Mike Bracken, David Stone, and Tim Spaeth.
Topic and Game References:
- Final Fantasy 11
- Resident Evil 5
- Heather Chaplin on "Burned by Friendly Fire: Game Critics Rant" GDC 2009 Panel
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- Gears of War 2
- Leisure Suit Larry
Please send feedback and mailbag questions to podcast (at) gamecritics (dot) com.
- GameCritics.com Radio 2018 GOTY Celebration - January 12, 2019
- GameCritics.com Radio 2017 Holiday Awards Spectacular - January 13, 2018
- GameCritics.com Radio Episode 5: The Switch and Zelda - April 7, 2017