Welcome to the new GameCritics.com. Note to self: don't launch a website during the holidays. It's hard enough without all the distracting family commitments and joyous celebrating.
Anyway, here's a list of new features (for us anyway) to keep an eye out for:
- Staff Blogs
- RSS Feeds
- Reader comments posted immediately after each review or article
- Streamlined mobile format version of website for PDAs, cell phones, Internet enabled consoles and portables like the PSP and Wii
- Convenient links to the latest reviews, blog posts and forum threads featured on right-column of all non-forum pages
- Reviews have extensive Slashdot/Wikipedia-like categorizations that are featured in the meta-info at the top right of each review or article. Clicking on a linked platform, developer, publisher, genre, etc. will bring up links to other reviews or articles tagged with the same category.
- All content about a game are bound together by a parent index page. There are many different link options at the bottom of each content page that can either take you to the next/previous page or to view the table of contents for that game.
- The old Consumer Advice sidebar information is now featured prominently on its own starring Consumer Guide page.
- vBulletin powered forums have been upgraded to latest version which should have many interface enhancements and improved SPAM blocking
- The site is using the open-source Drupal platform for its content management and is entirely web-based
Latest posts by Chi Kong Lui (see all)
- Fraud Alert: Pete Smith, Content Producer - September 9, 2014
- Observations from PAX East 2012: What’s old is new again - April 12, 2012
- Observations from PAX East 2012: Are video game gimmicks finally maturing? - April 11, 2012