- Member for
- 1 year 27 weeks
- view recent blog entries
- Staff Critic
- Personal Blog
- Brief Bio
Mike's first exposure to video games was when his parents bought him a Game Boy and a copy of Kirby's Dream Land. Completing it gave him the boost of confidence that launched a lifelong enthusiasm for the medium. Later in his life, he went back and discovered that Kirby's Dream Land is actually a laughably easy game that can be finished in about 20 minutes, but no matter.
He was born and raised in Amish country and has yet to escape, despite a brief stint in Philadelphia, where he attended Temple University. He took a one-credit course there called "Career Opportunities for English Majors," which painted a bleak picture for prospective writers. Mike remains steadfast in his ongoing role as a video game critic, however, and has recently written for GamesRadar. Most of his work can be found on HonestGamers, where he has contributed over 200 reviews to date.
When not playing games or writing about them, Mike is a rabid indie music fan and ardent concertgoer. He doesn't read as much as he probably should, but his current favorite author is Alastair Reynolds.
- Ten All-Time Favorites Games
- 10. Spec Ops: The Line (Xbox 360), 9. Star Ocean: The Second Story (PSX), 8. Banjo-Kazooie (N64), 7. Deus Ex (PC), 6. Half-Life 2 (PC), 5. Mass Effect (Xbox 360), 4. Team Fortress 2 (PC), 3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox), 2. Metroid Prime (GC), 1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
- Favorite Types of Games
- Metroidvanias, Western RPGs
Code of Conduct
1) Treat all users with respect.
2) Post with an open-mind.
3) Do not insult and/or harass users.
4) Do not incite flame wars.
5) Do not troll and/or feed the trolls.
6) No excessive whining and/or complaining.
Please report any offensive posts here.