Critics past and present join us for the ultimate retrospective as we celebrate 10 years of GameCritics.com. It's a fiesta so enormous we split it into THREE separate podcasts!
In part 1, we assemble the four original GameCritics for the first time ever, as Ben Hopper, Dale Weir, Chi Kong Lui, and Brad Gallaway discuss the birth of the site and how it changed their lives forever. We also catch up with husband and wife critics Erin Bell and David Stone, and Tera Kirk drops by to offer her congratulations.
In part 2, Scott Jones of Crispy Gamer and Reviews on the Run reminiscences about his time writing for GameCritics.com. Later in the segment, we are joined by GC staffers, Brandon Erickson and Jason Karney.
In part 3, Dan Weissenberger discusses the fallout from his controversial (and legendary) Halo 3 review. Plus, we get to know the newest GameCritic, Richard Naik, and our old friend Gene Park drops by to reminisce about the old days. In the final segment, Chi, Brad, Mike and Tim reunite and share a few final stories from the last ten years and give thanks to past colleagues and friends who helped make GameCritics.com the site it is today.
Topic and Game References:
- Booth Babe Dialogues by Erin Bell
- Interview with Alex Rigopulos by David Stone
- New Super Mario Bros. Review by David Stone
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Review by David Stone
- Shadow Man 2econd Coming Review by Jon Cadoche
- The Legend of Dragoon Review by Ben Hopper
- The Legend of Dragoon: A Game Critic's Nightmare by Ben Hopper
- Manhunt Review by Scott Jones
- Manhunt Second Opinion by Mike Bracken
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Review by Scott Jones
- F-Zero GX Review by Scott Jones
- Sonic and the Secret Rings Review by Brandon Erickson
- Sonic Heroes Review by Jason Karney
- Left 4 Dead Review by Dan Weissenberger
- Left 4 Dead Second Opinion by Richard Naik
- Aquaria Review by Richard Naik
- Halo 3 Review by Dan Weissenberger
- IGN botches Alone in the Dark review by Dan Weissenberger
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Review by Dale Weir
- Pokémon Snap Review by Chi Kong Lui
- Are Videogames Art? by Chi Kong Lui
- Why game criticism doesn’t exist by Chi Kong Lui
Please send feedback and mailbag questions to podcast (at) gamecritics (dot) com.
Through the years every aspect of Tim's life has been touched by gaming. He mastered typing thanks to Space Quest, honed his poker skills on The Sierra Network, and learned to hate after a particularly traumatic game of Tecmo Super Bowl.
Today, Tim lives in Chicago with his three kids and strives to find that perfect balance between family, career, and Warcraft. He enjoys broadcasting, martial arts, rock and roll, growing and shaving his beard, singing show tunes to the homeless, and losing at Mario Kart to his lovely, talented, and amazing girlfriend.
In late 2008, Tim became the producer and host of the GameCritics.com Podcast, and he's thrilled to be bringing GameCritics' unique editorial voice to a brand new medium.
Latest posts by Tim Spaeth (see all)
- GameCritics.com Podcast Episode 154: Pokemon Go, No Man’s Sky, and Star Trek - August 15, 2016
- GameCritics.com Podcast Episode 153: E3 Spectacular - June 23, 2016
- GameCritics.com Podcast Episode 151: Sequels and a New Beginning - June 5, 2016