About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Culture

Notices

Old 11-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #811
technomancy
Registered LUser

Rep Power: 19 technomancy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I just, er, further beat Mario Kart. I guess I just got the "real" credits sequence. Starred every missions. Golded every Grand Prix. Unlocked all the stuff. Even unlocked a bunch (a third to half) of all the staff ghosts (even beat a couple!)

I think I am reaching the absolute end of this game.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #812
EnduroGamer
Just Passing Through

Rep Power: 28 EnduroGamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got the #1 rank in career mode on Test Drive: Eve of Destruction and can honestly say that this was one the most enjoyable games I bought this year. I wrote about it already on these boards. If you haven't picked this game up, do it. You won't be disappointed.
EnduroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #813
Tim Spaeth
Ready to Believe You

I finished Xenosaga II: Dreißig Stunden Erhalte Ich Nie Zurück a few minutes ago. The first disc and the second disc were like night and day in terms of quality. I barely got through the first five hours (I was one awful, meaningless, poorly voice acted cutscene away from tossing the disc) but I'm glad I stuck it out. Disc 2 is like a totally different game. The ending is, as widely reported, spectacular, and my passion for the story has been renewed. (I'm glad the series has been cut down to a trilogy, though. The thought of playing Xenosaga Episode VI when I'm 40 just makes me depressed.)

I also finished the main mission in Metroid Prime: Pinball, just hours after cracking open the seal on my DS. I'm a little disappointed that I think I've seen everything this game has to offer, but I love pinball and I'm sure I'll enjoy the SPOILER! expert mode END SPOILER! and trying to beat my high scores.

On the GC scale, I give Xenosaga Episode II a 6.5 and Metroid Prime Pinball a 6.

Last edited by Tim Spaeth; 12-04-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Tim Spaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:44 PM   #814
gamingguy
God of games

Send a message via AIM to gamingguy

Woah, I haven't posted here for a while! Anyway, I just kicked Star Wars: Battlefront II's ass. It rules. Play assult on Mos Eisley.

Yeah I'm hung like planet Pluto hard to see with the naked eye
But if I crashed into Uranus I would stick it where the sun don't shine
'Cause I'm kind of like Han Solo always strokin' my own Wookiee
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me
Cookie
Looks like a stalemate to me
gamingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:52 PM   #815
Adelleda
Is that a Panther?

Send a message via MSN to Adelleda

Final fantasy X, finally. Meh just about sums it up. I loved the game, all the way through through all my plays (i had a bust game that would only let me get upto "inside sin") then i finally finished it and had high expectations and the ending left me thinking "what the hell" I even enjoyed it upto the very last boss fight, althugh it was boring having to kill all of my fully leveled up aeons. Then yeah, the ending cartoon, it juist left me feeling empty. What happened to the people of spira? What happened to the Al behd? Did Sin actually die? When the fayth went to sleep why did it take forever to tidus to disapear? What happened to the fiends? What happened to bloody everything. ARGGGGG
Adelleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:20 AM   #816
Space Harrier
16-bit Poster

Rep Power: 11 Space Harrier is an unknown quantity at this point

I just beat Jet Set Radio Future on my new XBox.

I don't think I've ever been as disappointed in a game as I am with this one. In addition to having all the problems that Jet Grind Radio had on Dreamcast, several new ones were added.

It was way, way too easy, and the whole game just felt sloppy overall. I ran into tons of glitches- dialog being cut short in cutscenes, broken AI and getting stuck on objects. The game got better near the end, but it was too little, too late.

The game may have only cost me $2 (including Sega GT), but it was one of the main reasons I bought the XBox in the first place.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #817
Low Emissions
64-bit Poster

Rep Power: 12 Low Emissions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Low Emissions

I didn't think Jet Set Radio Future looked any more impressive than Jet Grind Radio did. In fact, after playing JSRF, I still prefer JGR. Booya.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:21 PM   #818
fishgills7
Tatsmaksenpuken

"Beat" Meteos a while back but I don't think I posted about it. Saw all the endings, opened up all the planets, bought all the items (still haven't used one or even figured out what they do), and bought all the different planet soundtracks (Yooj = love). I have nothing left to fuse... and it's totally bumming me out. I keep fusing the rare metals when just to have something to do with all my stockpiled meteos. I don't play as extensively as I used to, but I do enjoy a Simple game now and again (story mode has been totally neglected). I've only been able to last 8-9 minutes so far, I'm shooting for double digits.

Also "beat" Mario Kart DS. Opened all the characters and karts, golds on all the Grand Prix(es?), stars on all the missions, etc. I'm going to go back and try to get stars on every Grand Prix, but most of my time is now spent in single player battle or vs. mode. The AI's pretty fun, especially when you play with teams. Once I pick up my wifi adapter (got lost in the mail...grrrrrrr...but I should be able to get it by today) I'll be joining you guys. I'm definitely curious to see how much (or little) single player skill translates online.

Also beat Feel the Magic XX/XY. Pretty fun, but I can't see myself going back for all the little outfits, shoes, and heads(?) though. I'm currently trying to beat the hard difficulty, but Sega's a stickler of a developer when it comes to hard actually being hard, so I might not make it through. I might pick up Rub Rabbits as well, if it's easier than Feel the Magic. Most of what's great about Feel the Magic is watching people who don't typically game (girls) play it. It kinda saps the feel when they can't get past the second level though.

Hmmm...beat RE4...again...for the 8th time... *cough*
Old 12-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #819
Kin Korn Karn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgills7
"Beat" Meteos a while back but I don't think I posted about it....bought all the items (still haven't used one or even figured out what they do
Those come into play, mainly, in versus matches. You can customize the frequency each item appears in a versus match. Since they are made to annoy for the most part, you won't see them in a regular game, I don't think (you may have to turn them off there too).

Quote:
Hmmm...beat RE4...again...for the 8th time... *cough*
Heh, yeah, it's addictive, isn't it?
Kin Korn Karn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #820
fishgills7
Tatsmaksenpuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Korn Karn
Heh, yeah, it's addictive, isn't it?
The sad part is, I put down the game for a while and lost my "edge". Took two trips through normal difficulty just to get it back. =b

Now I'm going through once more on Pro. It's really all the different weapons that keep making me come back for more. There's just so many different ways to kill Ganados that the game manages to be fresh every time (weellll...fresh enough anyway).
Old 12-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #821
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

Beat the original Doom today. Not including the extra 4th chapter, but I'll get to that soon. I still don't know why the Cyberdemon was the second boss and not the last one. He's a stronger and can take a lot more punishment. And he isn't a stupid mecha-spider.

Funnily, we bought Doom 3 for the 'Box, and I don't think anyone has given the actual game a second glance after some initial fooling around. It's straight to "extras" then Doom or Doom 2. It has to be embarassing when such comparatively ancient games can so totally trump their bleeding edge descendant.
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:48 AM   #822
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Mario Tennis: Power Tour.

I was just expecting a copy of N64's game, which I enjoyed once. I did not expect- this. It blew me away. What publisher other than Nintendo would release a sports game which not only gives you the matches, (and it sure is fun,) but constructs a whole world around the matches? Brilliant.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit weird to release a "Mario Tennis" game with so little connection to Mario? I'm not entirely sure whether I think the ending is charming and funny, or just plain stupid.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #823
kill flanders
You shall be as gods.

Rep Power: 12 kill flanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Devil May Cry.

Awesome game. Beat it about a week ago, but forgot to post. I can't believe I waited this long before I tried it, nor can I wait to try out the sequels (though I heard they weren't as good as the first). Also tried the first few missions on hard difficulty, mostly with the result of me spouting incoherent profanities at the screen.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #824
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

No, the DMC sequels are not as good as the original. the 3rd game, in fact, is far greater.
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:56 PM   #825
Adelleda
Is that a Panther?

Send a message via MSN to Adelleda

And the second one is a pile of bollocks.
Adelleda is offline   Reply With Quote