About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Culture

Notices

Old 06-20-2005, 12:46 PM   #631
FidgetyAcolyte
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to FidgetyAcolyte
Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I beat Blood Will Tell: Dororo

Very fun action game. The bosses are kinda all the same, but when there's 48 of them, I guess thats expected. The final boss was rather neat, and took a few tries to defeat.

Up next: Ace Combat 5!
FidgetyAcolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:55 PM   #632
kill flanders
You shall be as gods.

Rep Power: 12 kill flanders is an unknown quantity at this point

I just beat .hack infection. I'm so disappointed. I have to buy the other 3 games just to get a decent ending.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:18 AM   #633
GC_Thom
Bad Person of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song Jiang
...the third sequel of "Gyakuten Saiban" (the first game is about to be released here as "Pheonix Wright")...
Supposedly Phoenix Wright is going to be all 3 Gyakuten Saiban games bundled into one DS cartridge.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:05 AM   #634
k8to
Chief Mallard

Not sure if I said, i finished Rygar a while back (not susprising). And I finally got around to finishing the story in Xenosaga, Episode II. I'm considering finishing the Coda of sidequests.

In the realm of Linux / emulated games, I finally finished Might and Magic I. :-)
k8to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:24 PM   #635
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

Let me know if you manage to finish all that optional stuff in Xenosaga 2. I've not met one person yet who's been able to carry on after the end to complete the rest of the GS stuff. It's weird, I'm normally one to totally do all that stuff but with Xenosaga 2 I just couldn't. I loved the battle system and all, it was just that running errands seemed like so much pointlessness after the awesome ending of the game.
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:49 AM   #636
GrandRoyal
New Poster

I just beat Batman Begins for PS2.

It's strange how the last level comes after the very first one, and involves my trash can.
:P
Old 06-22-2005, 02:01 AM   #637
Zanbatou
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to Zanbatou

Quote:
In the realm of Linux / emulated games, I finally finished Might and Magic I. :-)
I'm pretty sure the Might and Magic I played was the original, but I didn't even know the game had a point to it, let alone an ending... How does one "beat" that game? I leveled my group up insanely high, performed all of the quests for all the kings, found and killed all (seven?) of the "legendary" monsters (The Scorpion, Paul Peed, That Winged Beast thing that carries you to Paul Peed.. all I can remember) and I even took out the Volcano God. But I never trigerred any sort of ending and eventually gave up trying. This was all ten+ years ago... and there's no way I'm going to revisit that game, but I'm still curious as to how it all wraps up.
Zanbatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:57 AM   #638
beatsleepless
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 beatsleepless is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm notoriously bad at not finishing games...

But I finished God of War on God Mode...! Got the special ending, and the supreme satisfaction that comes with beating something neigh impossible. I had about 300 attempts at the final boss battle before I nailed it...!

Also beat Diablo II: Expansion with a fun lightning sorceress character build.

-----

I still have to finish GTA3 and Fire Emblem 2... I just bought a Nintendo DS and it's the most fun (not addictive or compulsive or "inhumanely immersive" - just fun) I've had gaming in a LONG time.
beatsleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:01 AM   #639
k8to
Chief Mallard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanbatou
I'm pretty sure the Might and Magic I played was the original, but I didn't even know the game had a point to it, let alone an ending... How does one "beat" that game? I leveled my group up insanely high, performed all of the quests for all the kings, found and killed all (seven?) of the "legendary" monsters (The Scorpion, Paul Peed, That Winged Beast thing that carries you to Paul Peed.. all I can remember) and I even took out the Volcano God. But I never trigerred any sort of ending and eventually gave up trying. This was all ten+ years ago... and there's no way I'm going to revisit that game, but I'm still curious as to how it all wraps up.
You go through a gate into the next world. Where you start Might and Magic2. Not _much_ of an ending, but sort of one. It probably depends upon the platform you played it on. I played the mac version.
k8to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:03 AM   #640
Zanbatou
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to Zanbatou

Ah thanks. Yeah, don't remember quite which platform it was on. An old dos computer of some sort which took those five inch discs.
Zanbatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #641
Rabid Penguin
An Unknown Asassin

Rep Power: 13 Rabid Penguin is an unknown quantity at this point

been a while since ive been here, so ive got a few.

half life 2: it was fun for going through, very detailed environments, but i just couldnt help but feel like i had no idea where i was going or what i was doing through the whole game, i specifically remember my friend watching me play, and every now and then he would ask "what are you trying to do?" and my response was always "hell i dont know, all i know is im going this way" although a few levels were real shinners in my eyes, ravenholm was awsome, it felt erie as hell, as was highway 17 with the coastal road. i really liked the game despite not knowing where i was going half the time. but if there is one overall gripe about HL2 it is that i felt the ending came out of no where and was just WAY to easy
-overall good game, BAD ending IMO

Rome Total War: im finishing my 3rd campaign on Rome Total War, ive had the game since last october and i cant seem to stop playing it, ill take a break for a week or two but i just get sucked back into it, my first campaign was as the House of Scipii, the second was as the House of Julii, and after conquering the known world i got tired of crushing everthing in sight with the roman war machine, so now on my third campaign im trying it from the side of Germania and have conquered many cities.
-I LOVE THIS GAME.

also i picked up Jurassic Park Operation Genesis for 6 bucks at EB, it was ok, it was fun to build a jurassic park but you get WAY to many messages from the different scientist and what not, making it hard to actually sit back and enjoy the park, i played it for a few days, got my park to a 5 star rating and havent played since
-good for the novelty of building dinosaurs but just not done very well IMO.

no, but it sure is fun ...
Rabid Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #642
3d-Rich
New Poster

Recently finished:

Tales Of Symphonia (GCN). I spent 75 hours playing this game. I felt that parts of it went on far too long, but it was a good game nonetheless. My best combo was 100.

Freedom Fighters (GCN). This game was fun from beginning to end. I didn't like my one recruit firebombing his own teammates, but I did enjoy the blend of action and strategy.

Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers (GCN). I liked the high production quality of this game. I think the play mechanics could have used more polish. There are still some parts to be unlocked, but Aragorn has reached level 10 with all upgrades purchased.

Star Wars Battlefront (ps2). Completed the single player missions. I haven't tried it online as I don't have my PS2 connected to broadband. Overall, a pretty decent game. I had difficulty controlling all of the fightercraft because I'm so used to the Rogue Squadron controls.

Currently working on:

Ms Pac Man. Maze Madness. (Dreamcast)

Super Mario 64 (DS)

Advance Wars 2 (GBA via DS)

in Queue:

(GCN) - I-Ninja, True Crime, Alien Hominid.

(PS2) Devil May Cry, Sly Cooper, Mercenaries.

(Dreamcast) - Shenmue, Floigan Brothers, Bangai-O.

(DS/GBA) Mario Vs Donkey Kong.
3d-Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #643
JackSlack
Proud Supporter of Pants

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory's solo mode is done, on Normal, final rating of 85% (mostly brought down by my atrocious performance on the Battery level). Yet another good game, but I'm not sold on the less linear levels. I was beginning to get annoyed again at the 'orienteering sim with stealth elements' feel I got from Tenchu 3. The map system needs improvement to make it work. Also, what the hell has happened to Sarah? Sam Fisher's more interesting when we can see the human side of him.

Anyway. Working on Co-Op mode now with my brother. This, to me, is the real innovation this time around.

Prince of Bloody Persia: The Sands of Time finally been and done with. A great game right up until you have to fight anything, when it becomes crap in a hurry. Overrated. Ico did it first, and Ico did it better.
JackSlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:04 PM   #644
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

Demikids: Light Version is done. Interesting little game. It was equal parts mind-numbingly boring and dangerously addictive. Your demons don't level up at all. You have to fuse them with other monsters to have any kind of growth occur. And that's where we've got all the good and all the bad. You're constantly recruiting demons and constantly fusing. Literally, you'll fuse hundreds of times over the course of 20 hours. Given that the fusion system was relatively simple (as long as the product demon is on a higher level, great) it can be tiresome at times.

What's weird is that I was checking out the internets about the game after I beat it, and it turns out that, for whatever reason, the Dark Version has a more robust fusion system and a lot less of the trite storyline. Wish I had known that before.
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #645
TXCesar
New Poster

Baten Kaitos

Finally finished it! What a great ending!

I want the soundtrack now
TXCesar is offline   Reply With Quote