About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Culture

Notices

Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #1561
shun
Ahoy there, fancy pants!

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Been a while since I last posted anything game-related. Since I last came here I also finished a lot of games, all of them from Wii, which I bought two months ago.

First, Super Mario Galaxy with 60 stars. That, of course, is not 100% complete, but my hand was really sore so I wanted to put it aside in favor of other games, and then come back to it later. Anyway, great game. Probably the best 3d platformer I've ever played; liked it better than Super Mario 64, for sure. The music, the graphics, the powerups, everything was just so right.

I had a very hard time with it in the first few hours, but Megaman 9 was thoroughly enjoyable. Although I hated the spikes and all the pits, I grudgingly admit that they do necessitate acquired weapons more, which was what the game was going for.

I finally gotten around to beating Resident Evil 4 and here's where I drop the praising a bit. Yes, it is fun. Yes, shooting zombies in the head gives me great satisfaction. But still, I think the game lasted for longer than it should, and the whole castle segment was tedious.

Lastly, I played Indiana Jones and the Fate of the Atlantis on the PC again and beat it. Can't deny that I like point and click adventure games.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #1562
Tim Spaeth
Ready to Believe You

Finished Bionic Commando (2009) and I am genuinely flummoxed at the reviews and sales -- it's a AAA title from top to bottom and a total steal at $20. The first hour or so is definitely the weakest hour, so maybe critics gave up early? Once you start unlocking arm abilities the game really gets cooking -- I could hurl cars at grunts all day. Also one of the best soundtracks I've heard in long, long time. Can't get the theme out of my head.

Up next: Just played through half of Bionic Commando Rearmed to see how the story connects, and because I never played past the first couple levels due to the difficulty. Switched to easy on this run and I'm having a great time. After that, Halo 2.
Tim Spaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:39 AM   #1563
Zolos
New Poster

Finished Killzone 2 and Infamous recently. I found both of them to be average (especially KZ2 after playing Far Cry 2) and yet to an extent enjoyable experiences.

Currently playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent (mission 8) with which i am having a blast. Loving it.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #1564
Johny5
New Poster

I'm glad this thread is made where I can gain a lot of useful and informative input.

comparatif assurance voiture
Johny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #1565
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolos View Post
Finished Killzone 2 and Infamous recently. I found both of them to be average (especially KZ2 after playing Far Cry 2) and yet to an extent enjoyable experiences.
I love Killzone 2, but not for the single player game. I barely even touched the campaign. The multiplayer is really addictive.

I am glad to see someone else who like Far Cry 2. I spent hours in that game just exploring the environment.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:45 AM   #1566
Zolos
New Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by abfackeln View Post
I love Killzone 2, but not for the single player game. I barely even touched the campaign. The multiplayer is really addictive.

I am glad to see someone else who like Far Cry 2. I spent hours in that game just exploring the environment.
Loved FC2. "Wasted" hours planning my missions, selecting which weapons to take with me.

KZ2 - Yeah i have a feeling that it must be great online because i prefer the pace compared to the more frantic shooters like COD and Halo. Unfortunately i don't play online often.
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #1567
Tim Spaeth
Ready to Believe You

Finished both Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Halo 2: Return of Halo. For years I've heard that the ending of Halo 2 is terrible; sure enough I heard correctly. At the time did the Internet erupt in outrage? As for the game itself, it's totally playable and superior in every measurable way to the original. Skipped multiplayer again; moving onto Halo 3.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:45 AM   #1568
dress_up_24h
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 dress_up_24h is an unknown quantity at this point

There's quite a few, so I suggest you do the same
dress_up_24h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:17 AM   #1569
coyls3
32-bit Poster

I just beat my evil playthrough of infamous. not as good as good playthrough imo.
coyls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #1570
Tim Spaeth
Ready to Believe You

Finished Halo 3: Combat Evolvedest. While I'll be messing around with the multiplayer a bit, thank the prophets I'm finished with single-player. More thoughts on a future podcast. I think I'm going to take a few days off the XBox and let my brain recharge.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #1571
Hargrada
8-Bit Poster

Just putting the finishing touches on the post game content of Dragon Quest 8 after recently finishing the main game. I actually thought of trying to go for 100% completion, but one look at some of the drop rates for items I need convinced me to shelf that idea.

Not my favorite in the series, but still a great rpg.
Hargrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #1572
abfackeln
Wanderer From Ys

Beat Mirror's Edge a few days ago. Fantastic game. Great visuals and gameplay. It didn't take very long to finish, but it has a ton of replay value.

If you are prone to motion sickness I recommend you play this game one stage at a time.

EA hinted at a sequel despite ME's poor retail sales and good. but not great reviews. As good as ME is I can see many areas they can expand upon.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #1573
Brad Gallaway
Demons are defeated

Finished Emergency! on the DS... what a fun, interesting title. It's rough and has a few issues, but it does something really different. totally worth it for $20... had a blast with it.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #1574
Boy
Pictured: Hope not crying

Send a message via AIM to Boy

Just beat Final Fantasy 6 for the first time ever last night. It was actually my least favorite FF of all of the ones I've played, largely because of how it loses all focus in the World of Ruin.

So in an effort to actually finally beat the stupid game, I enlisted my little brother and actually utilized the seemingly pointless 2 player mode for the entire playthrough and had some fun with it.

I still don't like that the game is basically 20 hours of storyline progression followed by 15 hours of wandering around though. I feel like that wouldn't fly in today's gaming climate.
Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:03 AM   #1575
Brad Gallaway
Demons are defeated

Although I know plenty of people who call it their fave FF, it's always been one of my least favorite, just for the reasons you mentioned. i'm also not a fan of Amano's work, and that FF showcases his style pretty strongly. blech.