About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > GameCritics.com Discussion > Community User Submissions

Notices

Old 01-21-2014, 04:09 AM   #1
wiccareviews
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 wiccareviews is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face General LoL gaming

High: the game is very entertaining, but what i loved most is the team interface, and the "lore" behind each character.
Low:even though game-play is excellent, the champions aren't "universal" so a person either chooses to play with a specific champion, or they take hours to learn new tactics with a new champion.
WTF:i may or may not have heard correctly, but i do believe that my champion called another champion a (pardon my language) "crack whore".

the game-play is entertaining although yes it does take some time to get used to the champions and the abilities that they have, as a fairly new gamer, i believe that the League of Legends keyboard setup is quite easy to use, as they keep the majority of abilities on the following keys "Q" "W" "E" "R", having said that you are able to change the keys to something you are more accustomed with. i have a question for you. you know when someone says that you use tactics from a different game that you have never heard of, and then realize that the two games use similar tactics? yeah League, and Dota1/2 use similar tactics, though not all of them are identical. you simply use "S" for stop attack and you try to last hit the enemy. In all honesty i only started gaming to be better than my boyfriend but now that i actually love playing mmo's i will be doing these a lot more (or trying to anyway)
Disclosure: this game was obtained via publisher, and reviewed on the PC. approximately 10 hours of play was devoted to to multiplayer modes.

Parents: the games are violent, as they involve hand-to-hand combat and weaponry, please do not allow your children to try anything shown in game-play at home.

Deaf and Hard of Hearing: there is no assistance to my knowledge, but the games are more visual than they are sound.

this is my first review, so please help me by telling me what i need to improve and what you liked.
wiccareviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: General LoL gaming

Hello wiccareviews

Just regarding the main part of the review - generally you should have a bit of structure in there, don't just launch into it. If you look at the main site, you'll see that they have:

Opening paragraph or two introducing the game or how the game came about.

Next paragraphs describe the game, what it is like, what the mechanics and controls are.

Next paragraphs, once the game is introduced are generally the reviewer's impressions.

Final paragraphs provide some wrap-up.

You've kinda gone straight for the impressions, I feel it would help if you outlined the game and what it is about before that.

Hope this helps!
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #3
wiccareviews
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 wiccareviews is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: General LoL gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Hello wiccareviews

Just regarding the main part of the review - generally you should have a bit of structure in there, don't just launch into it. If you look at the main site, you'll see that they have:

Opening paragraph or two introducing the game or how the game came about.

Next paragraphs describe the game, what it is like, what the mechanics and controls are.

Next paragraphs, once the game is introduced are generally the reviewer's impressions.

Final paragraphs provide some wrap-up.

You've kinda gone straight for the impressions, I feel it would help if you outlined the game and what it is about before that.

Hope this helps!
thank you pedro, this helps a lot, i am still quite new at reviewing games
wiccareviews is offline   Reply With Quote