About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 08-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #106
Secret =3

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Awesome Guide To The New Nintendogs + Cats.

1: You started the game! Your adventure with your pup is about to begin! But what puppy are you going to choose? If you choose an un-active one, prepare. These little rascals don't stop sleeping! Only get these ones if your SURE your going to play a few times a day! If you are going to play this game alot, get an active one. But prepare, once you get an active dog, your going to go for alot of walks and competitions! I got a calm and active dog, and not matter how many walks and competitions I go to, HE WON'T BECOME TIRED.

2: Welcome your new fuzzy little adorable loving pet home! You will notice that your going to need to let it 'calm down to its surroundings' so start petting it and show some true love! When your ready, you will choose your names dog! If you want to get over with saying its name real quick, just repeat his name with a loud, clear voice. USE THE SAME TONE OF VOICE EACH TIME YOU REPEAT HIS NAME! Also, do NOT let anyone else pass the 'name' part for you, then it will be made for your friends voice instead!

3: Teach it to sit.

4: Yay! You can now do whatever you like with you and your pup! Don't go out anywhere JUST yet. Just start rubbing bellies with your pup and play together with the tennis ball you received. After about 10 minutes of playing with your new fuzzy pet, leave it for a break and turn off your DS (or play another game) for 30 minutes. Then, when you come back, your puppy should be ready for a walk and full of energy! (NOTE: You should have gave your puppy food and water by this time, if you didn't. Feed it like, right now. Before I call the RSCPA)

5: If you want your pet to be bursting with love, give him top-notch conditions! Use a brush to make him sparkling clean, give him food when he is hungry, and water when he is thirsty!

6: If your puppy is active, take it along for lots of healthy walks! Don't forget to give him some challenge by competing in contests! If you have a non-active pup, take him for about 2, or 3... Yeeeaaah probably 3 walks each day. Maybe 2. Don't give him to many contests or else he is just going to start struggling to sleep.

7: If you have entered enough competitions and earned 880$, go buy a cat! If you buy a cat, you will have a huge boost in Trainer Points, and so much more items will be available in the shops!

8: After you buy your cat, repeat step 2. There is no need to repeat step 3, for cats cannot learn tricks. Do not think cats will be an awesome feature to this game, despite them being the main reason why everyone wants to buy them. They are fuzzy and adorable and you will love buying them furniture, but they don't do much for you to play with. The kittens are more of a big bonus to this game, rather then the big hit.

9: Repeat step 5.

10: By now, you should have earned 1500 or 2000 Trainer Points! Congratz! You should now know what to do and won't need my help. I hope I helped you all!

FAQ:

Q: Why can't my pet do a trick for more then 5 seconds? >=(

A: Practice, this usually happens to me to.

Q: OMG! I CAN'T WIN THE NINTENDOGS CUP.

A: Practice T_T... I don't wanna hear this question, I am having this problem too ~_~

Q: My puppy hates me =(

A: You failed at giving your puppy lots of love and playing with him. This is practically like losing the game. If your puppy is still sad no matter what you do, then just give up, and reset the game. The answers to resetting the game is in the instruction manual. I didn't really read the manual because I had the old Nintendogs =P I know resetting the game is heart-breaking, but if your puppy is so angry that it will never forgive you, your going to have to =(

Q: I finished the game. Like, I found every thing and got all tricks and won every competition and got maximum Trainer Points and all my pets love bar is full. Now what?

A: You won the game! Now like in most situations of winning a game, you would reset it. But this is going to be WAY to heart-braking. Especially since you did all that, just to reset the game. Just keep playing with your puppy! If your growing up and need to stop playing due to your busy schedule, give your game to a little kid, since your never going to have to play again. If you give it to your little brother, at least you know your puppy's are going to go to a good home and you won't be so sad.

Hope I helped! =D
Old 08-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #107
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(This is Kelly)

Just thought of another thing that I didn't include in my original post! I have two cats named Oreo and Lexie and I'm not sure I told you the name of my new(ish) dog. Anyway, it's Dylan

Oh by the way, did the you write that whole guide thing by yourself because I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere else?! ...It doesn't matter anyway...

I'm still looking for name suggestions guys!
X
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #108
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
(This is Kelly)

Just thought of another thing that I didn't include in my original post! I have two cats named Oreo and Lexie and I'm not sure I told you the name of my new(ish) dog. Anyway, it's Dylan

Oh by the way, did the you write that whole guide thing by yourself because I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere else?! ...It doesn't matter anyway...

I'm still looking for name suggestions guys!
X
I am that guy who wrote that guide.

Naw bro, I made it all by my self. Costed me probably 20, or 30...
Yeah probably 30 minutes to make. I was hoping it would stop everyone from asking questions =P
Old 08-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #109
Unregistered

(This is Kelly)

Lets hope your plan worked then! People are always asking the same questions on this thread, it gets quite tedious

It should definately be more of a discussion forum...

So, do you have any name ideas?? I'm wanting to buy 2 new dogs.
And thanks for putting together that guide!

Ciao X
Old 08-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #110
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
i think it just appears in the shop when you've got enough exp/trainer points or whatever. I'm about to enter pro cup and sudenly a banana lure was available in the shop(the normal one, not the one in the town or anything)
can someone explain to me how this trainer points works in this game?
you can see the tp in the journal after you touch the envlope and to get them you have to walk ur dogs,play with them,ect ect. also,DONT GET A CAT! CAUSE THEY GIVE U NO TP AND THEIR A WASTE OF $$$!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #111
Unregistered

They give you loads of trainer points, especially when you buy them. And also if you've finished unlocking stuff what's the point in collecting trainer points. I love my cats and they, in a way, are quite therapeutic!

If your going to diss a huge section of the game, then get off of this forum...
There are loads of other sites that are made for complaining about the game and I'm sure people are able to make up their own mind about what they think of the cats =)
Old 08-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #112
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
i think it just appears in the shop when you've got enough exp/trainer points or whatever. I'm about to enter pro cup and sudenly a banana lure was available in the shop(the normal one, not the one in the town or anything)
can someone explain to me how this trainer points works in this game?
First things first, how the trainer points work in this game, are very different to the original. You only are allowed to make 200 trainer points a day. But if you buy another dog, you are allowed 400 for the day you bought it. So if you buy a dog on monday (for example) then you will get 400 on that day. If you still have that dog on tuesday, then you only get 200 again.
Also to look at your gamer points, go into your journaal or diary, tap on the letter on the bottom right corner, then a the top right it will come up with your trainer points. Hope this has helped
Old 08-24-2011, 03:12 AM   #113
Unregistered

You can get way more than 200 trainer points a day!! If you put the effort in, you can get up to 700. If you play everyday then you can unlock stuff every other...

Does no one have name suggestions?!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #114
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
You can get way more than 200 trainer points a day!! If you put the effort in, you can get up to 700. If you play everyday then you can unlock stuff every other...

Does no one have name suggestions?!
Hmm, how about Murray? Or Graeme? Something different?

Oh and Kelly i was meaning to ask... how many TP do you have to have to unlock everything?

(This is Michael, got N+C yesterday, looking on some words of advice because I'm running bankrupt, my dog sucks at comps, and I can't afford food or water!!! HELP! i have 800 TP and posting this via 3DS.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #115
Secret =3

Lightbulb Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Hmm, how about Murray? Or Graeme? Something different?

Oh and Kelly i was meaning to ask... how many TP do you have to have to unlock everything?

(This is Michael, got N+C yesterday, looking on some words of advice because I'm running bankrupt, my dog sucks at comps, and I can't afford food or water!!! HELP! i have 800 TP and posting this via 3DS.
[I'm the guy that wrote that guide, call me jameswizard8]

You need 11000 TP to unlock everything, atleast I think so, because after 11000 TP you unlock the final breed, the RoboPup.

If your going bankrupt and your dog is terrible at competitions, try the Junior Cup, or sell some useless stuff, or go for a walk and hope you will find some stuff you can sell! (e.g Piggy Bank, Premium Shampoo, etc.)
Old 08-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #116
Unregistered

(This is Kelly, posting from 3ds!)

I thought that it was 14000 owner points, but I may be wrong. Like James said, make sure you go on plenty of walks and sell everything but the bare minimum that you need. What did you spend your money on??

Oh, thanks for the name ideas!
I've actually got a question for you guys. Does anyone know the use for the gold bar in the game? I brought one to have as my streetpass gift but it doesn't let me
I made sure that I didn't save, so I didn't lose $9,999!

Could we also all exchange friend codes? I'll post mine in a moment...
Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #117
Unregistered

(This is Kelly, posting from 3ds!)

I thought that it was 14000 owner points, but I may be wrong. Like James said, make sure you go on plenty of walks and sell everything but the bare minimum that you need. What did you spend your money on??

Oh, thanks for the name ideas!
I've actually got a question for you guys. Does anyone know the use for the gold bar in the game? I brought one to have as my streetpass gift but it doesn't let me
I made sure that I didn't save, so I didn't lose $9,999!

Could we also all exchange friend codes? I'll post mine in a moment...
Old 08-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #118
Unregistered

Wink Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(This is Kelly again)

I don't know why it posted twice, before you ask!
My friend code is 1160-9736-5394

By the way I have over 22000 owner points now!!! And I'm still looking for names - I need one boy and one girl.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:55 AM   #119
Unregistered

Hi. Im Rea. So I've got two dogs and a cat but thats not the problem ofc. You see one of my dogs is in the master cup and when he was doing the pro cup, his phisique was optimal. I have tryed doing the master cup a few times and now I've woken up to find his physique skinny. What should I do?

Also I just got a cat and her physique is plump, how do I solve this?

Thanks xx
Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 AM   #120
Unregistered

Sorry, Im so dumb. All my pets on here are girls and all my posts are via 3ds

Thanks
Rea xx