About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

MLB 08: The Show Tips, Achievements, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, achievements, tricks, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for MLB 08: The Show here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Chi Kong Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
Rockies_08

Re: MLB 08: The Show Tips, Achievements, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strateg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Kong Lui View Post
Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, achievements, tricks, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for MLB 08: The Show here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Got only one real question. Whats a good way to be sucessful in the RTTS? I tear it up in AA ball, i get to the AA all star game, i get called up to AAA ball and the manager NEVER plays me so i fail pretty much all the goals and my player falls apart. I ask for trades, or to start games and the guy says im 2nd behind the "hot" hitter. Then THAT guy gets called up and im still benched. PLEASE help!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Unregistered

Re: MLB 08: The Show Tips, Achievements, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strateg

i simulated the first 2 years to make my guy better then just keep playing and when you can make your goals youll start getting called up.(and then traded thats what happened 2 me.)
Old 03-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Unregistered

bump up your sliders for player one hitting such as contact, power, vision, etc. You will get better faster and get hits enough to were you succed in enoough goals and get playing time
Old 03-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Unregistered

Is there any codes to get bonus points? that could help you jump start your player. I sugest going to a team with the least depth at you position. I tried to be an Sp with the yanks and go t released from their AA club, then signed with pirates and made it to the big my first year and I am starting in my second. Its really cool!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
Unregistered

go to profile and go to rewards and if you have any points buy run faster and you can steal bases which earns you points in rtts.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Unregistered

Wink Re: MLB 08: The Show Tips, Achievements, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strateg

Just ask him for more playing time that works for me
Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
Unregistered

To get bonus points like attributes is to play good in the baseball game
Old 03-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #9
Unregistered

Here are your choices: Start a new file, Ask for trade, or ask for more playing time
Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
Unregistered

Exclamation Use the proper strategy for the skill level you are playing on!!!

I sucked until I read the instructions included in the game. It basically tells you that...

On Vetran level if you "guess location" there are only 4 quadrants (High, Inside, Outside, Low).

On All-Star level if you "guess location" there are 9 quadrants (High-Inside, High-Middle, High-Outside, Middle-Inside, Middle, Middle-Outside, Low-Inside, Low-Middle, Low-Outside).

On Hall of Fame level, you basically have to use your yellow circle (swing locator or whatever its called).

I was playing on Vetran level, but I was "guessing location" using the All-Star's 9 quadrants and trying to use the swing locator to get on top of the ball. I couldn't hit anything!!!

As soon as I switched strategy and only "guessed location" for the 4 quadrants and didn't use the swing locator thing at all... I started hitting everything. I'm hitting .400 right now.

It's confusing because they just shouldn't even allow you to use the tools that aren't designed for the skill level you are playing on.

I think I actually would've done better by turning the skill level up, because I was using the strategies for a higher level.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:47 AM   #11
Unregistered

I was wondering if arm strength has anything to do with the velocity the pitcher can throw or if that is just for fielding. If anyone has figured it out please let me knoow.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #12
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was wondering if arm strength has anything to do with the velocity the pitcher can throw or if that is just for fielding. If anyone has figured it out please let me knoow.
No it doesnt, its just for fielders. or when you get a ground ball back to the mound it affect your arm strength.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:47 PM   #13
Unregistered

Are there any other tips that anyone can give for hitting? If I guess the pitch then I can at least get the timing, but by the time I see the location it's too late....

Any advice?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No it doesnt, its just for fielders. or when you get a ground ball back to the mound it affect your arm strength.
That is un-true.
I increased arm-strength after increasing velocity on my fastball, and my FB went from 91-92, to now hitting 94, so yes it does affect it.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #15
Unregistered

Smile Re: MLB 08: The Show Tips, Achievements, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strateg

I'm just wondering...how exactly do i increase speed on my pitches? I'm complete lost when it comes to that. any help would be great.