About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #16
Unregistered

Re: Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

start Majesty 2 (remember your gold value)-> ALT+TAB to Artmoney -> press search AND change Type to "Float" (!!!) ->search for the value -> ALT+TAB to the game and build something -> ALT+TAB to Artmoney and press FILTER -> search for the new value = i had two results, changed both, voilā

thx to the guy with the "float" - idea
Old 09-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
tick

Re: Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

Ahh filter, now i know how to do that.

And that dragon mission is behind me, helped me a lot to build hall of lords in the begining,get healer. Than build archery and scout. Immediatelly destroy snake hives.
But those *** are still spawning at the edges of map
Old 09-22-2009, 05:13 AM   #18
aidynphoenix

Re: Royal Feat Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone found a good way to get through this mission? The best strategy I've found so far is to hire some lords in the very start so that atleast they can survive the stupid dragon raids. Even with that strategy, I havn't passed the mission. I've only killed all the ghosts so far, but the serpents get a little overwhelming if you last too long.
just start out with clyrics guild.. you'l do fine.. also dont really expensive buildings in verry behining.. chances are dragon will kill it and just slow you down alot.. it was easy when you start with clyrics.. gl
Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #19
Breadie

dragon mission is pretty easy imo, or given the random spwn maybe i got lucky. Heres the strat i took

start with 4k gold, upgrade castle straight away

then build market

built tower near the sewer hole that pop's up

build 3 rogues

archer camp, 3 archers

then just hero hall. (i have 2 rogue lords, cheap and strong dmg, and no need to worry about them dieing and saved for my dwarf lord 6k ><)

and 1 tower + upgrade (so dragon doesnt kill it) at each new rat hole i guess

NOTE: try to build stuff at the south of your castle, since the dragon comes and does some dmg then moves off. At the start he should hammer your castle but wont destroy it. Same wit towers, upgrade your towers and the dragon will only put it to low hp but wont kill it. Explore south, east and south east for trading post sights and keep that artifact which constantly gives extra gold on.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #20
Unregistered

Sounds like your strat is wierd?!

I have my strat att killing of the serpents around the base and build 4 guild house, warrior, rouge, archer and celtic and just do 3 of them all...in 5min all my heroes are killed like bugs! have to rebuild heroes all the time and always get killed...

managed to get far as to the dragon lair but ofcourse the text and sound bugged out so i missed the advice to not kill the lair to early so i got the bloody stupid dragon over my base all the time killing of 30 heroes and the base/ palace in 5min :/

funny game indeed but annoying!!!

so how do you manage the game with 6 heroes and 1 dwarf lord?
then i have 12 heroes (3 of each) and getting slaughtered by serpents and the dragon before the mission even starts?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #21
Breadie

oh that was just the start to my strat... the game is always about establishing a foothold and strong economy for yourself. Usually the longer the game goes for (higher lvl your heroes) the easier the stage gets, so then you will have all the time in the world to lvl your heroes up to fight the dragon

But yea, the problem with massing units at the start is they will get owned by serpents, and more than likely get caught in some f'd up aoe from the dragon which kills 3-4 heroes at once

constnatly reviving heroes will cost you dearly

which is why i say upgrade castle straight away (more constant income + more tax collectors)

build market (upgrade asap)

and build rogue/hunters 3 of each and then start going for your lords

also like i said, i have 2 lords which are rogues lvl 16/19 and only cost around 600 to hire (with 60+ dmg) they dont die

then i just took my time saving, lvling those heroes and buyin my dwarf lord.... once i had established a good foothold (killed serpent lairs, got my 3 trading post up, towers along my borders) i built 1 of every guild, even elves and dwarfs

So in my final fight id say i had 24 heroes
Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #22
Unregistered

this game is totally CRAP ..!!! why ? nice gameplay...nice workout.. everything nice.., but a game that canīt be made without cheating .. is like building a house and never let people live in..-.-..!

this game.. i think.. is never made 2 play without cheating..! i want to see the gamer who playes the last campain lvl without cheating..!

i got a lvl 30 paladin.. and some more high lvl chars.. and build everything.. (with cheats)...!! andi lost 3 times.. the last lvl..!

maybe u need to lvl a lvl 60 paladin + prist + mage.. then it may work..! but with normal gaming u will never beat the last lvl..!

just gaylord..!!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #23
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
this game is totally CRAP ..!!! why ? nice gameplay...nice workout.. everything nice.., but a game that canīt be made without cheating .. is like building a house and never let people live in..-.-..!

this game.. i think.. is never made 2 play without cheating..! i want to see the gamer who playes the last campain lvl without cheating..!

i got a lvl 30 paladin.. and some more high lvl chars.. and build everything.. (with cheats)...!! andi lost 3 times.. the last lvl..!

maybe u need to lvl a lvl 60 paladin + prist + mage.. then it may work..! but with normal gaming u will never beat the last lvl..!

just gaylord..!!

sorry but thats bull, i managed to complete the last mission the very first time i tried.

you have that crown to summon the spirit of kings (or something along that line) and every time you do it lures the demon away from your city.
whenever he returns he usually just crushes 1 or 2 buildings (usually a tower in my case) and then roams the land a bit more.
make sure to not place your expensive upgraded buildings on the right side of your city, keep that demon busy with the occasional odd tower or guild placed on the far right and explore the landscape as quickly as possible to find all the holy ground sites for your temples.
afterward its just a matter of rebuilding temples if he destroys one and inflicting as much damage as possible while all temples stand.

actually i tried it with money cheat first and it turned out to be way to easy cause as soon as the temples are built you can just roflstomp the demon with an endless stream of that burning bird attack spell thingy.
so i retried without endless gold and still managed to beat the level.

of course my heroes were pretty buff due to replaying a couple of missions before and leveling them, though i mainly did that cause the game is so short.
the only real drawback of this game imo is the fact that it doesn't even take half as long as the first part to finish.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #24
Unregistered

Has someone good hints on how to attrackt the right heroes to a task?
What amount of money attrackts which level? Same for every class? What about the distance factor?
And most of all: How do I attrackt a party? Do they all need the same level or is the leader level important?

I love the game (nearly finished), but I miss to understand the core game mechanics I believe....
Old 09-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #25
Easy game...

here are some tips:

Build 3 rangers guilds x 3 rangers. Upgrade and research one of these guilds, and all rangers get those benefits. This is how i always start out.

This works with all guilds btw. Never upgrade more than one guild of every type.

If you place multiple guilds of the same type; when you place a blacksmith, you only have to reseach one armor type and weapon, and all heroes of this guild type get the benefit of this.

Rogues are only good when the guild is fully upgraded and researched. I always build one of these just for the extortion ability. Later when money becomes available i fully upgrade and research one guild, and then put three more guilds and pump out heroes.

Use the fear flag. I always default it on 500gp. When you see a situation thats not going to work out well, use the flag.

Always start with a market place and immediately research the health potion.

I hardly use the party system. In the beginning of a game, its too expensive. Later i don't need it. I would guess its useful tho because you can easily use the wizards, which don't do anything you want if they solo. If you use the party system, always make a warrior the leader. They respond best to attack flags. Wizards don't respond well to any flag, other than the fear one i think.

For the DRAGON mission; build your base south of your castle. Use the fear flag, and remove it when the dragon leaves.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #26
Easy game...

About those flags, what i always do is this.

Place a flag (nearby), put in 100gp and after 3 seconds put in 100gp, etc. You must look at the "number of interested". More money also means more heroes.

I hardly ever use warriors, but they respond best to attack flags. They do the job for least money.

When i place a flag far away i usually start with a minimum of 1000gp. Explore flags hardly ever need to beyond that, since you only need one ranger to do the job.

Attack flags placed at the same location i would put 2000-4000gp on it so multiple attackers go there. I think 2000 would be the minimum for 3-4 non-warriors.

On boss characters i place around 10000-15000 so 85% of heroes (around level 15/18) go do the job.

Fear flags are only usefull early on, i always put a default of 500gp which works upto level 10 i think. Maybe more. It also depends on the monsters and the hero or situation. Rogues mostly don't need fear flags for example.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #27
Easy game...

Warriors respond best to attack and defense flags, so if you want an attack or defense party, make the warrior leader.

Rogues go for money, rangers for exploring, clerics i think defense, and wizards i don't know. Wizards don't respond to anything i believe except money based on their level which is alot, so put them in a party.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #28
Easy game...

You can party up to 4 heroes in one party. You must wait until the heroes are near the tavern. Level is not important so far i've seen.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #29
Unregistered

Hi Guys,

I am on the mission where I am supposed to earn 35000 in short time.

Anyone with good tactics for this mission?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 05:21 AM   #30
Notething
New Poster

Send a message via AIM to Notething Send a message via MSN to Notething Send a message via Yahoo to Notething Send a message via Skype™ to Notething

I have a way to "cheat" but it involves editing game files.

Now, these aren't the core game files, and don't really necisarily require backing up of these files.

Please note: I have the steam version and I don't know how this translates to other versions.

I'll explain a few things right off the bat. It's confusing if you have multiple profiles and multiple saves. If you have one and only one and it's your first created profile, it'll be labeled as 0, which will make sense a little later. If you have multiple profiles, they will be labeled lowest to highest starting with 0.

For example, my profile Notething would be 0 and Jinan would be 1 and so on.
Saves are the exact same.

For example, my save for The Eternal Love would be 0 and my save for Pretenders to the Throne would be 1 and so on.

Okay, now to the harder part. Launch the game, have your profile ready, find the mission you want, save it, then tab out. Remember the variables I just taught you about the Profiles and Saves because you're going to need to know them for this part. Go to My Documents > Majesty 2 > Profiles > # (this one is your profile number as you defined before) > Saves > Campaings/Singles (depending on which one you were playing) > Save# (this number if the save number as you defined before) > misson.sav
Load this in notepad or your favorite text editor. Use CTRL + F or whatever the shortcut is for search and search for
Quote:
{kingdomdescriptor {kingdomdescriptor "player"}
exactly. In that block of code you should see a variable for money, and it should reflect whaty our money was when you saved. Just type in your new variable that you want. I don't know the max on it, but I have had a couple hundred million doing it in this way. Now save the file, and tab back into the game. Load the saved game, and your money should now reflect what you typed into the notepad.

It looks confusing, but it doesn't require any extra programs, and it rather easy once you know what to look for.

Oh, and if you get couragas, you can actually edit stats for your profile, but be sure to back that up in case you care.
Notething is offline   Reply With Quote