About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #76
crackajack
64-bit Poster

Re: New People, Please Introduce Yourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhere View Post
In the reviews, where do appear the final value?
Just press left mouse button on the bottom of the text (before the "disclosures:" part) and move over the hidden(!) text that is placed afterwards.

And Hello!
Attached Images

crackajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:47 AM   #77
Robin Ashe
New Poster

Wow, short thread for being as old as it is. I'm Robin. I stumbled across here through GameRankings looking at the NSMBW review (somehow that reads as NSFW to me...), and I really liked how it was done and the quality of it. It's almost like serendipity, as I'd been thinking that something needs to be done about the state of reviews in general, and was pleasently surprised to see GameCritics is apparently doing it. I look forward to reading more reviews and being able to contribute my experiences with games as well.
Robin Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #78
Gerdog
New Poster

Hey everyone. Currently live in the Arctic of Canada. Lot of cold nights up here so I entertain myself daily with my PS3, 360 and Wii (when I'm not at work). Also a big sports fan. I'm new to the whole ' forum ' deal so looking forward to chatting with some new friends as my wife won't talk to me about video games (Ha) !!!

Currently playing Borderlands (still) and NHL 11.
Gerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #79
g10rsh
New Poster

Hi everyone, I'm Josh. I'm a college student living in New York City.My favorite game of all time has to be Front Mission 3. I joined after reading a review of Game Dev story on this site. It's probably one of the most addicting games I've played on any platform. I hope to start Contributing soon.
g10rsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #80
ZippyDSMlee
16-bit Poster

I iz new? ...mmmmmm.... well Ido manage to hide alot.

What can I say I am a reclusive anal gamer who enjoys game play narratives IE how you play the game and vice versa, story and graphics is R superfluous.

Did I mention 90% of game play mechanics suck these days? depth...polish...bug testing?! HA!! people will buy sht if its marketed right!!

PS:Bioshock... why is a deep action RPG not deep, balanced or finished? WHY!!Y!!YY!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
*goes back to lurking*
ZippyDSMlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #81
conkiUltra
New Poster

Hi everbody! I'm new. I sort of kept drifting back to this site and after reading another batch of excellent articles, decided to join. First of all, I'd like to tip my hat to everybody that writes these pieces, finally some reviews that are willing to go in depth and reviewers that can make out the difference between solid design and a solid graphics engine. But yall probably already knew that

Who am I? Just some guy that has been gaming all his life. My first was a 386 with an ungodly 4 mb of RAM and a bad temper. What do I do? Well, I started university at some point but I was more interested in making music and ended up in film school. I don't have a lot of time to play games anymore, but i'm still fascinated with it as a medium.
conkiUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #82
etherangel
New Poster

Send a message via Skype™ to etherangel

Hey everyone! I'm James, a 22 year-old graduate student from Memphis, TN. I own a Wii, 360, and a DS. Playing video games is my number one hobby, followed closely by talking about video games. I've been visiting the website for a couple of months now, and it's cool to see a website that talks about videos games on a more serious level. Besides, I need another distraction to keep me from writing papers! Huzzah!
etherangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #83
GoldenDie
New Poster

Hi there. I'm Errol from the Uk. I'm 29 years old and I work in public service (for now anyway, lets see what happens in a few months after the budget cuts). Been playing video games since the age of five and my first system was my beloved C64. Although I was a PC addict in the early nineties playing Wing Commander and Championship Manager, I have been primarily a console owner, owning an NES, N64, PS2, and I currently own an XBOX 360 and Wii.

I first came to the sight a few months ago, curious to read the infamous review of Halo 3. From that point on I have been impressed enough to stick around by the intelligent and independent thinking to be found on this site.

Another hook for your site was your fantastic Podcast, to which I have been addicted since I started listening about a month ago. It is entertaining and frequently hilarious, and thanks to a recent show I am considering picking up Too Human just to see what all the fuss is about.....

Anyhow, keep up the good work Gamecritics ! Looking forward to discussing games in the future with you all.
GoldenDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #84
the Reverend
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 the Reverend is an unknown quantity at this point

I have enjoyed Playing games since I had my 1st system an Atari 5200. I used to be a General Manager for a small fastener company in Akron. But thanks to the Economy..... I am totally interested in getting a small business in Airbrushing. I spend a lot of time on the Internet, with Ebay and other selling n buyin sites. I am glad to find a site with lots of tips and tricks!!!
the Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #85
karn1
New Poster

Hello everyone, my name is Albert, but you can call me by my nickname karn1. I am 24 years old and a Master student in Film Studies at the university of Amsterdam. I live in Utrecht, a city close to Amsterdam.
My love for gaming started with the NES of a friend of mine. I wouldn't get one from my parents so I would always go over to my friends place to play some games. Sometimes I still have those 8-bit soundtracks in my head when I wake up in the morning. After that it was mainly PC-gaming for me as we didn't have a console at home, but there were some interesting titles for the PC. It's only since two months that I own an Xbox 360, but I have always been interested in games. I don't play a lot (except that I'm hooked at the Halo Reach multiplayer atm), but I love reading and talking about games and the impact of the medium on culture in general. Really fascinating stuff.
I have been listening to the podcast for about 1,5 years now and I follow the staff on twitter, so I thought it's about time to get a little bit more involved.
karn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #86
JLB1987
Sex machine

I've been posting on here for a couple of months now, and already stepped on a few people's toes, I think, but I haven't yet formally introduced myself...

I'm John, 23 from the south-west of England. General interests are playing guitar, listening to music (most things under the rock/ heavy metal genre), going to gigs, and video games, although I'm not as into the latter as I used to be due to not having as much free time any more.

Started with a Nintendo Gameboy and Sega Master System, before moving on to a Mega Drive, PSOne, PS2, and a lot more recently, an Xbox 360, with the occasional foray into PC gaming (although, seeing as my computer is fairly feeble, it's mostly fairly old games).

I'd have a difficult time picking my all-time favourite games, but the Fallout series, Baldurs Gate series, and Mass Effect would come out somewhere near the top. Currently playing Castlevania: LoS, The Orange Box (especially Portal!), Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, and eagerly awaiting Deadly Premonition to get here through the post so I can start on that!
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #87
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Hey Folks,

I'm Pete from Ireland, and just dropped in to say hello. Just found GameCritics a few weeks ago, when scouring the web for intelligent articles on Deadly Premonition. I like the site - laid back, intelligent and with a sense of humour too - and have been checking it regularly since then.

Not much else to say - I have a huge backlog of games from this year that I need to play due to Steam and Gamer's Gate sales, and have made a resolution that I can only buy a new game if I finish two that I already have. We'll see how long that lasts, but I'd better get to it. Bioshock 2, here I come.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:23 AM   #88
Golem
New Poster

Send a message via AIM to Golem

The thing in my inbox type device said to post here. And thus a post was born!

I'm 22, a recent college graduate with a bachelor's in English and Comp Sci (double major, not interdisciplinary). Still looking for a full time job, so I've been hittin' the video games pretty hard lately.

While I do dabble in other genres, I mostly stick to platformers. Recently I've been playing Epic Mickey. The game has its faults, but I love it regardless. It's got a sense of excitement about being in 3D that I haven't seen since Super Mario 64.

I also mostly stick to old games. My recent thoughts have centered on Sonic 1 and The Revenge of Shinobi.

Other interests include prog rock and literary theory (just received a Stanley Fish book for Christmas! 8) ).
Golem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #89
bat52
New Poster

Hello all My name is Bruce (Bat52) have been gaming for about 5 years and have got a 360 xbox and a new game (hawx2) but having a small problem. I also am maint. tech for 35 yrs.
bat52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #90
benlin910
New Poster

Hello ! I'm new on this forum so I introduce me...My name is Ben, I'm 21 years old, I'm a Belgian in USA. My hobbies : horses, kitesurf and video games...Nice to meet you.