About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #91
Mocha Leopard

Re: Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HEL ME!! I CANNOT FIND SHADE REMAINS!! I got like 6 in a row from the bug book but they won't give me any more!!! I can't remeber if it was in mystery time or not. ;(
A bit (or hugely, lol) late, but here are a certain list of bugs with specific sizes that you can trade in to the Grumpy Book in the Library to get Shade Remains:

* - Found only in Mystery Time

*Ancient Dragonfly (big)
-Centipede (very big)
*Human-Faced Moth (quite big)
-Swallowtail (very big)
-Moth (huge)
-Ladybug (legendary)
-Mayfly (legendary)
*Mandragora (small)
*Tsuchinoko (small)

That's all I know. You're best option are huge Moths. They're pretty common. And it doesn't matter whether you trade it in during Mystery Time or not; as long as you have the specific bug, you're good for some good ol' Shade Remains.

No, there are no fish that you can trade for Shade Remains. At least, in my knowledge. ^^'

NOTE: To catch Mandragoras, don't pull the bluish-green "weeds" in normal time. Instead, remember where it is, go into Mystery Time, run to where it is, and you should find the Mandragora awake and walking about. Catch it with a net, and there you have it.

Quote:
i just got the game 2 days ago and i want to take diffrent classes than the ones that the teachers are teaching over and over again.What do i have to do???

i have two mysteries and i dont know how to solve them.One is "the statue in the lobby is missing" and the other is "the weird sound in the cave that sounds like a frog." PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!
I'm not too sure about the classes, but perhaps you could try ranking up more? Get more stars (ten at best) and rank up your Harry Potter. Maybe they'll start teaching more and more classes. As an alternative, you could also try and solving more and more mysteries. Or maybe just wait a while and it could change some time.

When a mystery is in session, I do believe some of them offer special classes as hints for you on how to solve them. The two you've asked for don't really have any special classes for them; they're purely all you. For the missing statue, that's the Gargoyle. Go to the cave and you should find him snoozing there. You have to find a set of items that would help him keep awake.

You can try your luck at just randomly giving him mushrooms, berries, and fish. Alternatively, you can ask around the village for descriptions of food, usually fish or mushrooms. Find those, and make sure you have two of each. Why? Don't ask, just do.

Next, you have to find another item he'll eat. In this case, you can give him a Fly Agaric Mushroom, because I'm sure that item works. Make sure you have an extra of the mushroom, too. After you've given him one of each three items, he'll ask you to give you all three at once. Do that.

He should suddenly get all Serious Mode and he'll thank you. Mystery solved.

My memory escapes me, so I don't remember which one that second one is. Sorry.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #92
Unregistered

Red face Re: Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

First off look around town for things out of the ordinary. if you cant find anything walk arround town and look for people saying somthing like "hey did you know..." because usaly people saying this will tell you somthing about the mystery and give you hints on how to figure it out.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #93
Unregistered

Red face Re: Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

Quote:
how long does it take to get a boyfriend or girlfriend in this game?
Well it totaly depends on the person you want to be your boyfriend or girlfriend. some people ask you to meet them at lovers point after one declare love incant and others wait what can seem like forever. remember that you can always find out who someone likes if you use the love insight spell (magic, explore, sweetheart) on them to find out if they like you and if not, who they do like.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #94
Unregistered

Re: Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

There are two ways to get a boyfriend, the one I think is easier is the one where you have to go on a lot of dates. So all you have to do to go on a date is wave your hand at whoever, and then he comes and asks you "did you call for me" or something like that. Sometimes he'll ask you. Make sure you say yes. Soon he will start making Love signs at you and talk to him when it does. It might take a few love signals, but he will ask you to Lover's Point at a certain time. You can be a little early or a little late. The other way is to go to take him to Lover's Point at night with a red rose. Make sure the bell is ringing. Transform into a wizard and use the Magic Linguistics: Incantation-Contest-Love. And then hold the red rose. You might have to perform this for a while. But when he starts liking you to he will ask you to Lover's Point.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #95
Unregistered

Cool Re: Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire. View Post
There is a noise coming from my dorm, saying like "ahhhhhhh" what do i do?
Also i need shade remains for this gravestone thing, where do i find them?
Also how do i get underground?

Thanks everyone
To get shade remains you catch bugs bring them to the principles house and give them to the bug book hope this helps
Old 08-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #96
Unregistered

Quote:
I just bought this game today and i know it is a Real time game but is there anyway to waste a couple hours? sleeping or something? And also where can i find the guy that teaches extra curricular activities?
the excurriclar lessons are during mystery time with Mr.Graves in the quadrangle... BTW it is really easy to get what ask for during the mystery time.. :3
Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #97
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waus View Post
I am having The same problem please anyone help??
Sell items to Malia in town, or store what you can in the bank's safty deposit box. It's a good idea to go ahead and put some cash in too, as it draws interest.

To get a bf/gf just keep talking to the one you like. tap near them to call them over and you'll have new options to play or talk, and you can give them gifts. Playing is just them following you around, I usually fish or bug hunt when someone asks to play. Ask around a bit, talk to them, or google it, but they all have favorite items, as well. I know the white lion guy on mine really liked red roses! Pretty soon their dialog will change a bit, and a bit further on they'll ask you to meet them at the cliff top where the bell is.

When it gets close to mystery time, some class mates will talk about something odd that's been rumoured around. This is a clue to what your mystery will be, and you will have a 'mystery guest' that requests items or services of you.

Get materials to sell or cast with by catching fish and bugs and turning them into the living books in the tower. Also do the treasure hunt spell.

Turning in shade remains to the spirit by the haunted house is a good way to be rid of the funky mushrooms that grow in your room if you are away for too long.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #98
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

has anyone gotten up to the mystery where there is a pattern thing next to the quadrangle and it looks like a fish? apparently it glows or smthing,, im not sure what to do.. HELP PlEASE
Old 04-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #99
Unregistered

Quote:
How do you get a boyfriend/girlfriend???
You spend time with your crush. You can use the declare love incantation. You don`t have to do it but it helps. To do it you go to lovers point with your crush. There is a bell there that rings for the first 5 minutes of every hour from 4-7. When the bell is ringing take your crush there turn into a wizard under the bell and do the incantation. The words are (incantation, love, contest. or icantation contest love i forget.) One day your crush will ask you to meet him/her at lovers point. The he/she will ask you.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #100
Unregistered

Cool Re: Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy Gui

Just talk to somebody you kllike for a ehile and thybwillbask tou out, omokoklkk!
Quote:
How do you get a boyfriend/girlfriend???