About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 12-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #76
Unregistered

Smile Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Hey im looking for some friends on here that are from uk spain italy or japan. americans are good to but i want to celebrate every holiday.

Email me at giggly.piggly00@gmail.com and ill give you my friend code my city is Madison and My name is Dusty
Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #77
Unregistered

Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

You can open the drawers of dressers and store your clothes in there so they don't take up floor space, unless you like to display them in your house.

I still haven't figured out how to send fruit/packages in the mail and I didn't see any reply to the earlier question.

Any ideas?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #78
Unregistered

Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm having trouble planting fruit..
I've dug a hole with my shovel and selected the fruit, but the only option is to drop the fruit....
HELP?
Do I need an axe?
Am I doing something wrong?
This also happened to me in the beginning. After you dig a hole, do not move away from it. Stand still and then reach into your pocket for the fruit. It should give you the option to bury it. If you move away or are looking away from the hole this option won't show up.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:43 PM   #79
Unregistered

Quote:
I would laso like to know this. Me and my brother both live in the same town. I am able to work as have met everyone but my brother can't meet everyone as I'm asleep when he comes to my house. How can he start working at Tom Nooks?
First off, you can only live in the same town if you are sharing the same wii console. Then, four people can live in the same town together. If your cousin has her own console, she cannot live in your town. You can visit each other over wifi as often as desired, as long as you exchange friend codes and are playing at the same time.

Next question, even though four people can play the game and live in the same town, only one can play at a time. When one person is playing, the rest are always sleeping. When your brother is working for Nook and has to meet everyone, this does NOT include other characters (you), but only the animal villagers. If Nook says that he did not meet everyone, then he is referring to an animal villager, not your character.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #80
Unregistered

Quote:
Whenever I try this, the animals send me furniture, shirts, and.. well.. everything but fruit. S: Is this normal? Should I just send out more messages?
I kept writing letters and attaching fruit and all I got back was furniture. After about 1 week, I got tired of waiting and visited other towns over wifi and traded fruit with them. This is the fastest way to get fruit imo, and you can visit other towns too which adds to the game. You should try this if you have wifi. Otherwise, try to keep writing letters. I've also heard that sometimes "mom" will send you foreign fruit in the mail.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #81
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

how many people do I have to make friends with before I can work at Tom Nooks shop? He keeps saying he'll wait until I've met everyone.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #82
Unregistered

Quote:
how many people do I have to make friends with before I can work at Tom Nooks shop? He keeps saying he'll wait until I've met everyone.
The mayor and all six of your animal neighbors. If they are not in their houses, try walking around to find them. (use map to help find their houses)
Old 12-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #83
Unregistered

Hey, im looking for a cheat to give me some money(: got any ideas or cheats??!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:00 AM   #84
Unregistered

Quote:
You can open the drawers of dressers and store your clothes in there so they don't take up floor space, unless you like to display them in your house.

I still haven't figured out how to send fruit/packages in the mail and I didn't see any reply to the earlier question.

Any ideas?
First create a letter by clicking on the paper in your pocket (buy it at Nook's) close the letter, go into your pocket, click the pink envelope to show letters, then drag fruit in your pocket into the letter. It'll show up as a gift.

Julie
Old 12-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #85
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

all you have to do is drag the item to the letter
Old 01-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #86
Unregistered

Post Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Hey, im looking for a cheat to give me some money(: got any ideas or cheats??!
Well I am also looking for ways to get rich. But this might help you.
1) Get shells and stuff off of the beach and sell to Tom Nook until you get 500.
2) He almost always has a shovel so buy the shovel.
3) Look for starfish on the ground and dig at that spot
4) empty your pockets and hold the shovel in your hands
5) You will most likely get a type of gyroid (sproid mega tootoid ect.) or a fossil
6) after you dig almost every star you find go to the museum and have blathers check the fossils one by one then go to tom nooks and sell the gyroids and fossils (Gyroids always equal 828 bells & fossils are at least 1,000 bells.)
7) after you run out of stars Save and skip a day. do this about three times. you will notice there are less stars that you find so after you skip 3 days skip a whole week.

This is probably the fastest way that doesn't involve cheating (except the skipping days part.)
but if this doesn't help you visit a website that has cheats (this website maybe, www.abccheats.com www.cheatplanet.com or any other place you know of.) hope this helps!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #87
Unregistered

Smile Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

how do i get my friend code??
Old 01-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #88
Unregistered

I keep reading about burying fruit...but the fruit I received from one of my neighbors doesn't have a "bury" option when I click on it from my pocket. What's the deal with that?
Old 01-02-2009, 05:06 AM   #89
Unregistered

Quote:
how do i get my friend code??
The gate accross from the bus stop. Go talk to the dog on the right (not the one you talk to the lost and found about) and ask him to get you a friend code.

You can talk to the Other dog to look in the lost and found. They usually just have pitfall traps, but theres some good stuff occasionally. Also you can go check the recycle bin at city hall. Theres usually something good in there.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #90
Unregistered

Looking for some cool and interesting people playing Animal Crossing City Folk.....but I do not have Wii Speak.

Friend Code:
0001-7746-6855

City Name:
Duma Key

Name:
Rayne

Email:
dragongoddess86@gmail.com