About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #16
Unregistered

Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

HEY! Anyone wanna swap friend codes!?!?! i've got pears in my place and i dont have any friends who play this game, so post up your friend code!!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #17
Unregistered

Cool Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

yes, my friend code is
2235-0665-6052

my name is
Neo

my town is
Atlantis

if you add me, email me at gchackerguy@gmail.com so we can set up a time to play.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:13 AM   #18
Unregistered

Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I just bought the game and can't figure out how to go to town!! Help!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
Unregistered

You've gotta use the bus stop under the gate
Old 11-22-2008, 06:07 PM   #20
Unregistered

Talking Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

my friend code is:
0560-0307-6480

my name is: Assmunch (don't ask haha)

my town is: Roswell

feel free to add me as a friend, just email me at mumucachu366@yahoo.com
Old 11-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #21
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There was a balloon that has flown over and i have to clue how to get it down.. help!??!
go buy a sling shot at nooks and shoot at it
Old 11-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #22
Unregistered

Wink Re: Animal Crossing City Folk Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Thank you for advice on fruit and mushrooms.....

I don't know anyone else that plays this game! does that mean I am out of luck getting any new fruit? I have apples... Will the auction maybe have something different?

Thanks
Keith

In wild world, you revive fruit from your mother in the mail. This might still be true for City Folk
Old 11-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #23
ZombieFarmer
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 ZombieFarmer is an unknown quantity at this point

If I understand this right The Auction House only works for you and other players you know. So you wonít unless you make friends with others who play. In the older version of the game random fruits would wash up on shore once in awhile so if the game is the same you should eventually get all the fruits just remember to plant them. It takes about 4 days for them to grow and produce fruit and donít forget to water them. I water them twice to make sure they donít die. Also try not to run over them while they are still small they can die.
ZombieFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #24
ZombieFarmer
New Poster

Quote:
You need a slingshot. Just like in Wild World, presents float overhead. Use the slingshot to shoot them down. Like all tools, Tom Nook occasionally sells them at his store.
Also the slingshot isn't available till Nook's Shop is upgraded to Nook 'N Go I can't recall how much you have to spend to do that but I also recall hearing something about waiting a week after the game starts.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:33 PM   #25
ZombieFarmer
New Poster

Quote:
Also to get different fruits:
In a message to one of your fellow villagers that just moved in, include your native fruit. Then that villager will reply with a different fruit. Then start planting trees that grow those fruit. There you go 500 bells.
I tried this trick three times now and I have not gotten it to work. My best friend has also attempted it and it has not worked for her. Is there more to it than just writing a new neighbor a letter the day they get there and adding our town fruit? They just gave me wallpaper and carpet.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #26
ZombieFarmer
New Poster

Quote:
If you use your shovel against a rock several times, bells will come out!
If you go into the City any time after 8:00 pm and go all the way down the road to the right randomly the traffic cones will be moved so you can go all the way threw. If you do that you will enter Resetti Surveillance Center and the end result is a Silver Shovel which will get you a chance 10% more Bells from your Money Rock
Old 11-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #27
ZombieFarmer
New Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieFarmer View Post
Monday night sometime after 9 pm Took said he was having a sale everthing was half price. Anyone know when or why this happened? I went back after 9 pm on Tuesday and he didn't say it. I checked back a few times before he closed and he didn't say it.
Never mind I figured this one out for myself and sorry for the typos I wasnít at my computer when I was adding it. Once and awhile Nook will post on your town board that he is having special 50% off sale that was what was going on. I will need to remember to read that thing more often. Note when the yellow bird is on the sign that means there is a new unread message. Nice touch I think.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #28
Tim

Hey guys, add me if you like, I need some friends *LOL*

Code: 0259 3863 2751
Name: Tim
Town: Sarasota
timgilbreath@comcast.net
Old 11-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #29
Sandy911

dfdsfadsfasdfasd
Old 11-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #30
Supercell

There was this trick I found in Wild World, I don't know if it still works in City Folk or not but here I go.

Put some money in your account (like at least 100,000 bells or something). save the game and set the clock to January 2 years ahead. load your game, and then save it again. then you must set your clock back to the month of December 2 years back, then you should get a letter in the mail saying you got interest. I kept repeating Jan 2010 - Dec 2008 over and over. I actually tried it in City Folk and it didn't work, I am wondering if there is another way to get interest? There has to be another way.

Interst is a way faster method to getting rich than selling turnips, that takes forever
Supercell is offline   Reply With Quote