About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 01-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

MLB Front Office Manager Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for MLB Front Office Manager for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: MLB Front Office Manager Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I just got the game and I suck. Whats the best stat to keep an eye out for when looking to sign someone. For pitchers I've been going with four seam just cuz I can develop other stats but not speed is that right? As for batters I'm going with discipline. Any help would be great.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #3
Unregistered

Re: MLB Front Office Manager Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I'm in the same boat...I can't find a way to tell talent apart. I have found however that if you manage a game as opposed to sim, you're player's performance is SIGNIFICANTLY better.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
Unregistered

Well thanks for responding I thought I was the only one who has this game. I like it alot but wish I could master it.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Unregistered

yea i can't seem to find the stats that make a good player...

any help???

how do you get a good rating from billy beane? i always get poor haha
Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Unregistered

Keep an eye out in the waivers when it's mid-season. Often you can pick up good players for NOTHING!!!

I picked up Paplebon the first season!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #7
Unregistered

I took over the nationals and my team sucked for the 1st 2 years. Now my team has averaged about 110 wins in the 7 years since and won 3 world series. I started by gettin rid of all the bad contracts on the team and then built my team trough the draft, signing small free agents and the rule 5 draft. I trade for top pitchers and then lock them up to contracts. Pitchers are the way to go cuz they maintain their overall ranking longer than hitters do. When selecting players i really only sign young guys(24 and younger) whose potential is a 50 and over. And when u get gm points to use spend them on owner confidence so that ur payroll gets increased at the end of the year.

hope this helps
Old 02-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #8
Unregistered

Yo I've been using the Dodgers and i cant seem to win a game. i made sure to hold on to a few good players such as manny ramirez but it just doesn't seem to help. am i kinda forced to suk at da beginnin and only get to do better later on n da game due to players rising stats??
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
jeff1649

does anyone know how to get the roster update to work? mine never loads when i do a career.
jeff1649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
Unregistered

How do u get manager points? my team(red sux) sucks and i cant get any good players. Is there like a cheat to get a buncha points cause i go down to 0 points at the end of the season cause i get swept and stuff.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 AM   #11
Unregistered

To get manager points you have to win alot you get xp points for sweeping teams or for 10 game win streaks. My personal cheat is Save your games after a win and reload the game if you lose. I am now level 12 GM and the team wins most of the time.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
Unregistered

Just finished my 5th world series am up to level 29 and the team went 153-9.

had the mvp,cy young,rookie of the yr and hank aaron award.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
Unregistered

From the very first year, you need to avoid signing players to long term/High dollar contracts as Free agents. THEY kill your payroll.

Go to the Free Agent section at the beginning of your career and spend a lot of time going player by player looking for players with "potential" of over 60-65. You will be surprised at the number of players with 70-75 potential that you can sign immediately to minor league deals (if that is what they are "asking for") by merely offering a 100-300K signing bonus depending on the 65-80 potential rating.

I picked up 14 players with potential of over 65 in my first year. Then after the ALL-Star break did it again. I then leverage those guys in trades to get guys signed to 3-4 year deals already with 70-80 Potentials whose annual salary is under 7 million (and no "NO TRADE CLAUSES).

I scour the waiver wire and never take anyone with more than a 800K contract or less than 65 potential rating.

For position players I look for HIGH POTENTIAL and HIGH POWER RATINGS even with current ratings of 20-25 they usually hit 25-30 Home runs from their first year.

Never take anyone over 24 (I start at 17 and 18 and go up). put them in the rookie or short season league and in 2 years they are close to their potential.

Pitchers are a different breed - when looking for starters make sure their STAMINA is over 55-60 and at least 4 pitches. You can have guys with current ratings of 45-50 to start --but fill your minors with guys with 70-80 potential ratings in AAA and AA.

My MLB roster after 3 years has 5 starters (none making over 7 million) and ALL of them have 80 ratings or potential ratings.

I have Papelbon signed for 8 million thru 2020 and 6 relievers with potentials of 75 or 80

My roster has every starter with at least a 65 current rating and 3 that are at 80. ALL have power ratings that are 70 or better.

My minor league system is averaging a .870 WIN PERCENTAGE at all 5 levels. I have a 130 Million Dollar payroll and rarely use more than 100 Million /year.

I sign contracts at the END of the year for the previous year by using excess payroll as SIGNING BONUSES to keep the ANNUAL SALARIES below 7 million for everyone and at least half my roster has guys still making the 400K minimum.

If I can't re-sign a guy for less than 3 million I use my surplus 70+ potential guys in the minors to trade for a 75+ potential guy signed to a 3-4 year deal already.

Since you can get 8-10 guys a year for the minors with HIGH POTENTIAL ..... you can easily part with them for Major League players that are already HIGH PRODUCERS and low contracts.

Forget the draft .... if you are winning a lot you will seldom draft anyone that has the same potential as the guys you can get throughout the year in the FA market that others are dumping.

Just my thoughts
Old 04-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #14
ErickG
New Poster

Hi everyone

I need help majorly. I have been playing about a month. My team is the Washington Nationals. I cant seem to get this team straighten out. I want to create a constant hitting team and a strong pitching. Can anyone help out. even with a simple guide. Im always open to suggestions.

Thank you

Erick
erickgragg25@hotmail.com
ErickG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #15
Unregistered

Arrow Re: MLB Front Office Manager Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickG View Post
Hi everyone

I need help majorly. I have been playing about a month. My team is the Washington Nationals. I cant seem to get this team straighten out. I want to create a constant hitting team and a strong pitching. Can anyone help out. even with a simple guide. Im always open to suggestions.

Thank you

Erick
erickgragg25@hotmail.com
heres wat u do first read the guy that talked about saving the game after you win. then when y get xp points spend them on OWNER CONFIDENCE. that way you'll get a bigger budget. through that i have already signed Halliday and Rollins to cheap contracts for like ten years. hope this helped!!!!!!!!