About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #46
Unregistered

Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

if you beat the game without killing a single soul, you get stealth. this can be done at any difficulty. you have to use the mk2 pistol or any non-leathal weapons. frogs in first act count as bosses. use the mk2...to beat laughing beauty heres a tip hide under the bed she cannot grab you there, but make sure she knows your there. crying beauty you can hide under the truck using the mosin-nagnt rifle. it is also a non-leathal weapon. all you need is a little patients. screaming beauty first use the syringe and/or the mk2 pistol. you can also use the syringe on meryl. the will prevent screaming beauty from using meryl againts you. use it on the frogers also. to defeat screaming beauty shoot the doll on her right arm then use it to control her.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #47
Unregistered

Talking Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

I beat the 8 times so what of it.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #48
Unregistered

what are frogs and froggers i beat the last boss tho but im doinig it again for stealth
Old 07-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #49
broggey

when u take on vamp u have 2 gt his life to 0% thn when hes on the floor go 2 the start menu thn 2 items and equip ur sringe (jab) thn go bak 2 the game and put ur wepon 2 cqc(close quorter combat) which should be none after uve equiped no weapon and u have the sring by holding down L2 When he starts 2 get up go behind him hold R1 then when uve grabbed him press triangle thn u shud inject him with sum nanogens n thts tht part over.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #50
BROGGEY

does any1 no how 2 kill screaming mantis ?
if so can u add mi on ps3.
add mi as :BROGGEY
Old 07-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #51
broggey

how do u use the sringe on urself wen ur teiin 2 defeat screamin mantis?
Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #52
Unregistered

Cool Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

its easy nob head
Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #53
Unregistered

Talking Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
awesome me too. i chose Eagle as my title at the end and i got the race gun.
I got eagle as well and won a race gun too.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #54
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

to kill the octopus lady hide under the bed and wait for her to come lookong for you when she does shoot her from under the bed
Old 07-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #55
solid.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i can take vamp down to no life and psyche.. does it have to be
a headshot?? i dont even know what "STAND UP" is sorry ..
this is my first metal gear. SOCOM HARDCORE PLAYER

No there is no need for head shot.vamp has nano machines in him that lets him recover from anything so u cant kill him.although the syringe that naomi gives you supresses the nano machines stoping them from working so use it on vamp so he stops recovering. u should play all of them otherwise u wont kno anything plus its the best story to ever hit video games dont think there will ever be a better one period.but im also a socom fan ^_^ hope this helps
Old 07-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #56
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy type person View Post
good morning my children iv a cupl of questions and if any1 cud answer i will giv u an elephant the size of a monkey........(dot dot dot) anyways. im trying to do a no alert run, and was wondering is a caution the same as an alert? and and and when ur fighting the beauty n beasts if they find you does that count as an alert? OHHHH andddd is there any way to find out what emblems you'v alredy collected?
if anyone can answer these it wud be much appritiated
no its not the same.you can get cautions all you want.i have beat it withought being seen as a tip every time you get somewhere new save the game if you get spotted just reload the game.the simplest thing to do is if you get an alert even for a split second it still will count so just stop and reload
Old 07-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #57
Unregistered

are the masks good for anything the second time around
Old 07-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #58
Unregistered

Arrow Re: MGS4 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

you kill p mantis 1st use sering because she can control u then shoot the puppets until 1 falls down. run and get the puppet and use it versus her equip it (under weapons) and move the control until she dies then shoot the beuty form then depending on the controller is the movie first she tries to read the memory card and fail and then the controller vibrates but if u use 6a9=sixaxis controller she say what no vibration and dies
Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #59
cariduro69

Re: crying mantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you kill p mantis 1st use sering because she can control u then shoot the puppets until 1 falls down. run and get the puppet and use it versus her equip it (under weapons) and move the control until she dies then shoot the beuty form then depending on the controller is the movie first she tries to read the memory card and fail and then the controller vibrates but if u use 6a9=sixaxis controller she say what no vibration and dies
cariduro69 metal gear solid 4 e3 best game 8:25:32 beat time
Old 07-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #60
Unregistered

this may be some thing that a few people might try in any mode of the game that could help but in act 3 when ur in london go to options and go to diplay go to brightness adjustment turn it down to .80 it will make the area much much much brighter esery to see enemys and the resitance it helps when you want to save batery and the nvg has a limited distance of sight its much beter this way try it