About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #46
Unregistered

Smile Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

I was holding the record at our home from Xmas day until yesterday at 338 metres, and then my mother inlaw came along and took the title by jumping 358 metres (she's 65!)

Anyway, we find that if you align the red dot over the blue dot accurately, the entire square changes to yellow and the longer you can get it to stay yellow on the way down, the faster you can get and then extend and lean forward as late as possible

Hold as still and steady forward as you can and then it is really easy to get 180 metres plus

My husband pushes forward on his toes and gets a good distance but can't keep his balance for long!!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 AM   #47
Unregistered

Talking Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

All you need do to get a decent jump is to get a chair in front of you and use it to balance yourself when you take off
Old 01-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #48
Unregistered

Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

The secret for the ski jump is to keep your balance throughout the jump. It is especially important after the jump. Where the dot drifts away from center you lose distance.

I scored 400 tonight with both jumps at 200 each and also posted another score of 399. (199 and 200)

I believe that the maximum is 202. I had a single jump of 202 but that was only one time.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #49
Unregistered

Thanks for all the ski jump help- my grandkids beat me every time.

On the ball drop game, I always get stuck on that figure s when the ball either is on the ridge or just stops. Any ideas to get it moving again or off the ridge?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #50
Unregistered

So how could my daughter get over a hundred points on the soccer header game? I can barely get to 60.

Also does anyone know if you can reset your leader boards? I'm the one who plays most so all the scores are mine. I'd like to make it more friendly to the occasional players.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #51
Unregistered

On the soccer heading, the trick is to get as many balls in a row as possible--once you get past ten in a row, you start getting ten points for every ball.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #52
Unregistered

Wink Cheat

If you want to cheat, the best way is to stand on one foot centered on the board. This way its much easier to keep your balance.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #53
twosmiler

I am hooked on the ski jump (my whole family is) and I am at the top with 374 (max single jump 197 so far):

1) Over 60 mph, by keepin in the dot
2) lift up fast and extend your arms (seems to help)
3) lift at the last min
4) keep the dot in the centre of the grid once you have jumped, and keep totally still and balanced for optimal distance...

still need to get that 202 for a single jump someone was talking about...there's always tomorrow ; )
Old 01-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #54
Unregistered

i bend down as low as i can on the dot then at the last second extend your knees and go on your toes i got 187 doing it but idk about the backwards center and forwards in the air thing i think it doesnt matter as long as your in the center
Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #55
Oikoa

Talking Re: Ski Jump strategy

After careful research, lots of testing, and what many would call just plain cheating, I believe the bottom line here is stability.
Obviously you want to line the dots up and go as fast as you can right from the start and maintain that all the way to the jump, but after you jump what then? Stability I say, stability! What seems to matter is how steady you are (close to the vertical center of course), after the jump. I have jumped 200 several times, but havenít seemed to break that, though I donít think Iíve been perfect yet, I donít know what the cap is.

Test this for yourself, or experiment with above, below, and on the center, as well as jumping at different times between the line and the edge. Thereís far quicker test results with many trying it. Hereís what to do:

Quit the event if already in it and choose it again so that the system again asks you to step on, therefore weighing you and recalculating its response particulars. When asked to step on, donít, instead kneel on the board placing your knees where your feet would be, keeping your feet on the ground behind the board for stability. Most likely the system will warn you that your weight has changed and ask if you would like to continue, select continue. Staying on the board with your knees where your feet should be, feet behind the board on the ground, place the palm of your hands on the front edges of the board with elbows slightly bent in preparation to extend them quickly at the right time to jump as you would you knees if standing. In this position, it is easy to hold steady, not only because itís an easier position to hold and you have some ground support, but the board is not as touchy because you are lighter. Extend your elbows quickly when itís time to jump, as you would your knees, and while watching the line, try keeping the dot as close to the vertical line in whatever horizontal position you choose, but as steady as you possibly can.

You may call this cheating, or you may call this research, but in my defense either way, if the purpose of this board is exercise, you will find that you get quite a workout anyway, though perhaps some different muscles than expected.

Iíd enjoy hearing your findings.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #56
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For ski jump:

Of course, align the red dot with the blue all the way down. I extend at about 2/5 of the way through the red jump area. Precise, but it works for me. Then, IMMEDIATELY after I extend I lean ALL THE WAY BACK on my heels. I cannot stress enough that the millisecond after you jump you need to to lean back as far as you can while still staying centered vertically!

This got me up to 187 meters on one jump.
AWESOME, I beat my wife now! I am at 332 for the 2 jumps, and she is a mere 308m. No doubt she'll catch on soon! Thanks for great tip! Exactly what I was looking for. Walter----
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #57
Unregistered

Our best is 191 for a single jump and 375 overall on ski jumping. I got a 23.15 on the beginner skiing. Also, 396 for soccer heading on the beginner level of 80 balls.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #58
oikoa

has anyone tried my suggestions a few comments up? I get 200m jumps all the time!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #59
Unregistered

Question Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Does anyone have any tips for the cross-legged candle balance game? (forgot the real name) I cant seem to get anywhere with it....not sure what I"m doing wrong?? thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #60
Unregistered

On the ski jump, I got a 335. I was sure no one would beat me. My husband has gotten 359 a few times. Our highest single jump is 192, 193 respectively, but we can't seem to do that on both jumps!
As far as the zen candle thing...I just sit and stare. I get Champion 180 every time. (What am I doing wrong?)
My 8 year old son holds the record in our house for soccer heading. He manages to get 555!!! He stands with his feet on the edges and just shifts his weight from side to side.
I managed to get the tightrope (beginner) in 40 seconds...but can't seem to finish advanced another time to bring down my time.
That bubble game...those dang bees!!! I am just at the end of advanced, and it pops my bubble!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!