About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #31
Unregistered

Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone had problems with the Wii board that they aren't able to do the ski jump? Set up my parents machine on the weekend and everything was fine except the ski jump would always fail.

Have my own wii fit at home and don't have a problem with the ski jump, so I am assuming it is not that I have the wrong technique.

Any suggestions?
Is your wii fit on a hard floor and theirs on carpet? I found a big difference when swapping between the two.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #32
Unregistered

Wink Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
To add to that (the boxing) when you do it on the beat, you get double the points (2 instead of 1). And at the end where you get to freestyle it - just keep one foot off the board and go for small movements to get as many punches in as possible - I just left-right-left-right-left-right as fast as I can. The movements there are maybe 2 inches apart. That adds quite a bit of score on the end.
Well that will get you a high score if that's what you're looking for. Of course if you ever get in a real fight you'll need a gun as your arms will only be strong enough to throw down a glove not to actually punch someone with it
Old 11-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #33
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

I am trying to beat my dad in the ski jump.My dad has
a high score of 296! I sooooooooooo want to beat him
even my Auntie is trying to beat him. But we can't
seem to beat him. Does anybody out there know how
to get a higher score?We already Know about
how the red dot should be in the blue circle.And
to shift forward and backwards.But is there any more tips?
we checked alot of websites but they all say the same thing.

PLEASE,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are BEGGING YOU! ONE MORE TIME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #34
Unregistered

Quote:
Is your wii fit on a hard floor and theirs on carpet? I found a big difference when swapping between the two.
when we got our wii fit it came with something to put on the bottom of the balance board.what it is ,is a wii balance board lifter if it is on carpet. If it isn't on carpet don't have the lifter
on.
hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!

ps please check out my question about beating my dad. BYE!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #35
Unregistered

Red face Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Old 11-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #36
Unregistered

Quote:
Does anyone have tips for getting better scores boxing? I'm killing myself and can't get to 300.

Follow the little mii at the side that shows you the series. If you hit when he hits, you will get the maximum most of the time. Good luck.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #37
Unregistered

Cool Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:

There are no other tips. Just practice.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #38
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle25 View Post
hi just a question. i have unlocked the free jog/run it says in the wii fit booklet to collect the characters mario,stars etc but it doesnt tell you how. i see them when i am running it but cant collect them.
please help
I have the same question actually! I have see the mario guy a couple of places however the wii mote doesn't operate during the run. Anyone have the key to this yet?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #39
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Are you sure that your technique isn't wrong? Make sure you bend your knees. If you don't bend your knees, and then expand, it's going to fail every single time.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #40
Unregistered

Angry Re: Wii Fit Tips, FAQ, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes and Strategy

I can't get higher than 163
Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #41
Unregistered

When you go up in the air, DO NOT GO UP ON YOUR TOES! Stay flat footed and VERY STILL. The ball will go to the top and you get the highest points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View Post
Yeah I know about the blue dot while you're going down the jump it's the actual jump that I was wondering about. Once you get in the air I haven't been able to figure out if it's better to lean forward and get the red dot towards the center top or try for center middle. I've looked on the internet and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #42
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Kong Lui View Post
I don't believe that's possible, but the more you advance, the more reps you can do. I believe there's some value to doing some of the exercises in a slower, more controlled motion.

Chi

With any exercising, i.e. free weights, etc, the slower and more controled you do the exercises, the more benefit you draw from it. Your muscles have to work more in order to keep the weight balanced. The slower the reps, the better. People that do fast reps don't get nearly as much out of it, they have to do more reps to get the same benefit as slower reps.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #43
Jennifer

Quote:
When you go up in the air, DO NOT GO UP ON YOUR TOES! Stay flat footed and VERY STILL. The ball will go to the top and you get the highest points!
This is true -- at first I tried going up on my toes during the jump, and I ended up losing my balance. It's important to keep in mind that this is one of the "Balance" exercises, so the goal is to remained balanced.

You'll go faster down the hill if you keep the red dot on top of the blue dot (slightly above also works).

I've only had my wii Fit since Christmas, but my longest jump so far has been around 188. This is making my kids crazy, 'cause I'm a girl, and I'm only 5', so they think that should matter.

I also pretend I'm a "real skier" -- start with my arms behind me and crouched low (like the mii), and then when I jump, I push off (no jumping) as hard as I can, and keep my knees locked while leaning slightly forward. You do have to keep your feet flat, and the dot should be on the center line, more toward the top, but ideally right where the original blue dot was. DON'T MOVE! Wiggling will make the jump shorter. Aim for beyond the dotted blue line.

Good luck!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #44
Unregistered

Quote:
Has anyone had problems with the Wii board that they aren't able to do the ski jump? Set up my parents machine on the weekend and everything was fine except the ski jump would always fail.

Have my own wii fit at home and don't have a problem with the ski jump, so I am assuming it is not that I have the wrong technique.

Any suggestions?
Are they salad dodgers? I have 2 fat friends and they cant seem to get their revolting bodies off the ski jump for love nor money. Keith has vowed to lose 2 stone before Valentines day so that he can come round for a ski-jumping evening, but I've heard all that before!
If they are not fat, just tell them to persevere.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #45
Unregistered

Hei! i wonder if someone know if there is a super advance in ski slalom and snowboard? i like them allot and i hope there is a more advance track... thanks fore some answer..

swedish wii fit lover!