About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #61
Unregistered

Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Quote:
Originally Posted by newNub4thisgame View Post
does anyone specialize or know how to play Sisters of battle reallay well?
any tips or advice besides bringin out the bloody saint?
well the sisters of battle may not be as versatile as the space marines but they do destroy enemy morale really well becuase most of their weapons are flame based. Bt my advice would be to get out 2 missionarys game start and have them cap while you are building your infantry barracks. From there pump out as many sisters you can(didnt mean to sound sexual there) then walk into enemy base with fully reinforced and upgraded sisters and pwn. If not bring out your atillery and some engines with say six fully reinforced squads then pwn. The sisters not being versatile have a lot of power backing them up dont be afraid to tap some of that like the flame tanks. Also move your line forward then hold with turrets for extra support. When your done with that are destroy the turrets and move forward. Rebuild and repeat. The sisters have the power to kill the necron but it all comes down to early strikes before the enemy is ready. (hope this helped )
Old 06-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #62
Unregistered

Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

In my opinion dawn of war dark crusade and soulstorm are so much more superior to dawn of war 2, dawn of war 2 is so boring and you don't get a feel to the huge battles which are meant to take place in the warhammer world, and dawn of war 2 does not deliver. But dawn of war dark crusade and soulstorm definetly deliver on, in my opinon,
thanks for reading
Old 10-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #63
Unregistered

good thread, lots of great advice. thank you gentlemen (and ladies?) From this standpoint the input is appreciated.

As far as races, if I may interject, a good go with any race will depend on how you like to run your troops. I prefer fast and hard myself so I usually go with orks or imperium. quick to build (for me) but i'm hard pressed to win against an established base. But that's just me. It never hurts to try everything though to see what suits best.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:38 AM   #64
Unregistered

Post Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

i just finished the hard campaign with the ig going to try beating campaign with the necrons now...

for the ig use Heavy weapons team for defence... ít's a must for the ig'
place them at corners so that melee units will have a hard time reaching them.

Offensive:

For a strong enemy (strongholds,players,large provinces)
make a baneblade two leman russ tanks a maxed out karskin squad (Attach a priest,upgrade with plasma weapons<-- optional_
and 3 maxed out guardsmen squads atleast 1 commissar is a MUST for an large offensive because there morale will be 0 after a few seconds (i suggest attaching a psyker cuz a infiltrated enemy can be a pain...)

then stop the 4 squads in 2 chimeras and march up with your baneblade,leman russ tanks and chimeras <-- this is pretty likely to fail at first try, so after sending this guys to battle,start making new squads to send directly after the first wave (2-3 of this waves will crush any enemy)

Some tips for the ig:

commissars can make from a normal guardsmen squad a killer-machine (always have more then 1 squad)

always attach a priest to a karskin squad, also you should have a back-up squad with a commisar: the commisar (special ability) will make karskins/guardsmen even stronger

for the dark eldar: when your at the point of *making a base* don't finish your hq just yet, wait till it's done for about 90% because the dark eldar won't start attacking till you have finished it! Then start capturing the 3 points+ set posts on them (you can even place some buildings next to it.

also, after destroying the dais, you have won. so make a very strong anti-verhicle defence the the 3th time he comes is your sign to kill it: he won't run away till he's at... 40% so let him come closer, and then surround it with verhcles that can take alot of damage, then you can probably kill it
(i won this way in 35 minutes xd)
Old 11-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #65
Unregistered

People kind of underestimate rushing with space marines. Get a couple of tac squads out fast, fully reinforce them then charge in the Emporors name! Number of times I have seen shooty elite armies like Tau fail against this is amazing. Space marines are resilent as it is but with 27 of them(3 tacs) they almost are invunerable. Against orks who have the upper hand in numbers this tactic sucks.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #66
Unregistered

Red face Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

these tips are mostly for the campaign. does anyone have any strategies for the Guards online. my squads keep getting chewed up by most anything, even with upgrades and secondary commanders.
plz advise.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #67
Unregistered

this might be a noob question, but how do you change the starting location for the player?
like u always start as one, but what if i wanna start at 2 etc
Old 07-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #68
Unregistered

In my oppinion, tau, space marines and guards are great.

For tau, build a defensive line and build up your army till you have hammerheads. The hammerheads railguns can outrange most races heavy tanks and will cut them apart in seconds. The secondary guns of the hammerheads pwn.Then move in your fire warriors and cut apart their infantry..... or you could build up your power income to 100 or so and get a drone harbiger. Rightclick on the recruit drone thing, set a rally point and pwn the distracted enemys with skyrays and fire warriors. Too easy.

Space marines are really easy, just build up your marine squads with heavy bolterws and rokkits and advance your base with your troops. You don't move fast but it will never let you down. Always fully reinforce your squads with either rockets or bolters. Do not have squads with both, as you will end up attacking infantry with rockets and vice versa

With guards, position your basalisks in range of the enemy base and earthshaker their buildings. Will mostly destroy their base so you can mop up the rest with your leman russ.

btw... baneblades are failures... they do literally no damage to most heavy tanks.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #69
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

I like to play necrons, they're unbeatable and the best (for me).
Fighting tactic is simple: warriors in the first line, immortals in the second. Move forward always. they will die, but no problem, replace the dead ones and use tomb spiders to collect the bodies and spawn a new squad (for free!!!).
Old 09-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #70
Unregistered

oi how the fuck you get living saint?
Old 10-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #71
Unregistered

I have to be honest here and say there are "no best classes" because all classes have weaknesses and strongholds to other classes. like I find Necrons are weak against eldar. because eldar have superior speed and can just make a fast regroup before the necrons will never reach you. or throw the necrons around with a few explosions. well you can allready say nite nite :P

tho I find Space Marine the base of the game. they have no real weaknesses but no real strengths either. Orks as allready said weak to stealth is pretty much true having 4 spacemarine scout teams with fully upgraded sniper can take out 8-16 orks in a blink of an eye and then dissipear again!

Else I never had any luck with Tau vs Orks either. where I find the Tau superior if they use all their fancy stuff. which the orks lacks and is maybe their biggest weakness! straight ahead and no tactical matter.

also seen some really nice tactics with longrange spacesister tanks with invisible morons in the front! lost to that tactic all the time using orks, spacemarine, chaos. but manage to pown that tactic a few times with Tau and Nekro, since nekro in close combat is invinsible and they have their lords which can takeover enemy tanks witha click of a button
Old 05-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #72
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
this might be a noob question, but how do you change the starting location for the player?
like u always start as one, but what if i wanna start at 2 etc
when you get onto the the place where you pick players,teams etc go onto change skirmish options it should have starting location change it to random and start you may start at 1 but you can start at 2(the game picks where players start) hope that helped
Old 06-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #73
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here are my tactics for each race...

Space Marines:
Attack: Make alot of Space Marine squads and max them out with heavy weapons (usually 2 Heavy Bolters, 1 Missile Launcher and 1 Plasma gun).
Defence: Two words my friend, Heavy Bolters.

Orks:
attack: Max out your number of Flash Gitz and send them in with either a few shoota boy squads or a looted tank or two.
Defence: Anything works, as long as there's alot of them.

Tau:
Attack: Make all the way through the tech-tree to the etherial. Then make his body guards. If your playing Dark Crusade then you can make as many of them as you want, but if your playing Soulstorm, they limit you to 1, which sucks. Then make some Hammerheads, some Fire Warriors, Some XV8's and XV88's, Krootox, and your ready to march.
Defence: Since they don't have turrets, just any unit with a ranged attack.

Necrons:
Attack: I don't really have a tactic for Necrons, I usually just send out everything that I can get my hands on.
Defence: Since Recruting them is free, a heap of Necron Warriors.

Eldar/Chaos/Sisters of Battle:
Attack: For all these I just mainly get to the mega unit (Avatar/Bloodthirster/Living Saint) and go out and kick their anus.
Defence: What beats a heap of turrets? Not much...

Imperial Guard:
Attack: I usually send out a heap of maxed Guardsmen squads, Kasherkins, Ogryns, Lemon Russ's, and possibly a Baneblade.
Defence: Always, I repeat ALWAYS use Heavy Weapons teams for defence when possible.

Dark Eldar:
Attack: Just send out everything that can actually use to attack!
Defence: A heap of warriors, mandrakes and your Haemoncules.

Overall Tips:
Always, max out your squads, never send out half made squads.
Never, send out your commander, especially for orks because you have to wait until you have an Orky Fort to reinforce him.
Always, have a unit that can detect infiltrated units in both your offence and defence armies.

Hope u got somthing out of that. reading that must have taken a while...
For the sisters of battle defense part, their turrets don't seem to do alot of damage, they seem to focus on breaking morale rather than deal damage, you're gonna need a celestian squad and a battle sister squad both reinforced and armed, arm battle sisters with heavy bolters, the turrets will deal with morale.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #74
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

I play the imperial guard and the chaos space marine and the regular space marines. I used to play the ors..... Frankly it got way to boring. Their numbers get to big and it becomes to easy. But on the other hand with any of the three races I play, I can make an awesome defensive line. Not even a squiggoth has gotten through and the neurons are super easy.... Just but a bane blade in front of him, have some ogryns and a entrenched machine gunner and the neuron lord is no problem at all. Or with the other to I play a defensive line with some turrets and heavy bolters has always done some good. Well I have my tactics and they work for me. Sorry if they don't work for you.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #75
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Who ever said ors we're the best class...... Well I had imp. Guard and ors go at it.... I just put an assassin in their base and he took out so many of their people and only got spotted by big mek....... I just sent some guardsmen and the big meek was all gone.