About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #46
DarthPariah

Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

for a good SM attack/deffence unit use dreadnoughts.... in deffence they can keep units pinned in close combat to let your turrets sweep the area... in attack once you have the orbital relay built just deep strike them behind enemy lines... they WILL beat any other walker in the game unless they are heavily supported (i have tested this too)...

necrons: deep strick flayed ones... you should always aim at getting the enemy caught off gaurd in close combat, and they don't reseave any damage till they are fully emerged too... then hit them with the mono...

also if anyone is having trouble with multi tasking building and using troops... hold Shift.... if you hold shift whilst you set building, say, turrets.. the builder unit will go from one turret to the next until he has finished (this also allows multiple building drops)... you can also use this to move your units, hold shift when capturing points and you can click on multiple points having your units go to each one and capture it...

hope this helps
and i hope that they continue the dawn of war series in the soulstorm fassion.... maybe another dark crusade is in order
Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #47
Playerwarhammer

Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Why don't my cheat codes work when i do the thing during a skirmish game? and the thing is clicked YES on the options pannel.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #48
Unregistered

i tend to capture one point at a time (unless its a yake and hold...by the emperors breath their worse then heretics) that way i can send a scout to capture backed by two fully equipped SM squads... (5 heavy bolter 1 flamer for close support and a missle launcher just for blowing things and people up)
Old 11-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #49
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tau are probably the best faction they start off a hard to balance army but there vehcils help control that e.g the transport carriers for the tau are invisible to the enemy so build a few of them pack them with fire warriors send them to the enemys hq.While your in the hq dont empty the soilders keep them in the transport as it helps kick in an aftertouch and the enemy wont attack you for some time.If you play as the tau be prepared as the space marines are hard to beat playing as the tau.

i wouldnt really say that, i nailed the campaign hq in a shade under 23 mins (including all secondary objectives and knocking all else out until was just the hq left...) need a couple of the tau tanks with the cannon on top (sorry im more a SM or SoB person) the 2/3 skyrays as backupfor mass devestation when it all starts to swamp on the march.... then just backed up by as many fire warrior teams as poss with their equivelent sergent plus a shield drone #(shield drones tend to be attacked last and can spawn new warriors from them)
Old 11-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #50
dubzac

Necrons

well the only tips i can give a Necron player is capture heaps of points on the map and fast as. AS well as be defenive for a short time
capturing the points on the map and puting outpost building on it makes your build rate and pop cap go up. remeber with Necrons only bulder units can capture flags.

Necrons have the the highest hp's for infantry but have little useful vehicles don't waste too much time on them.

the tick on beting all the races is stay on the offenvise at all times and you will win any game with Necrons
Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #51
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

I think that the Eldar is the best race vs Orks because the Orks do not have many units able to detect infiltrated units or buildings.The Eldars cloak ability from webway gates really help. I usually cloak my turrets and then you can attack with masses of firepower without revealing yourself. Eldar rules!
Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #52
Unregistered

Quote:
hi i dont even have this game and i think it is one of the best games ever out by the look of the movie clips on youtube

this is definitly one of the best games out for stratigy lovers
How the hell can you rate a game as 'the best game', without even having played it? thats utter bullshit, and you're a bloody retard dude.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #53
Unregistered

Well I just gotta say your gonna win if you have a massive army of tau and the ethereal, also I wanna add I bet 4 armies on insane
imperial x2 ork and necron with 1 upgraded squad of possesed marines and 2 upgraded defilers = invincible the defilers only made it to the second base, those possesed marines destroyed everything in there pasth encluding baneblade and powerful monolith thing, i was amazed.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #54
Unregistered

Quote:
I think that the Eldar is the best race vs Orks because the Orks do not have many units able to detect infiltrated units or buildings.The Eldars cloak ability from webway gates really help. I usually cloak my turrets and then you can attack with masses of firepower without revealing yourself. Eldar rules!
lol the ork commander can see invisibles u douchebag go lick a pussy u nerd slurp
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 AM   #55
Unregistered

Since we are on the subject, for each race you should know your spotters and infiltrators. For example: Orks have Big Mek, Warboss, and mega armored nobz for spotters. Their infiltrators are gretchins and tankbustas. To learn more about them you can go here: http://wiki.reliccommunity.com/Dawn_...:_Infiltration

I hear a lot about using broadside battlesuits along with hammerhead gunships yada yada yada. I'd also like to mention that so many people overlook the Kayoon(patient hunter) command post. Not only do you get 2 tough units which specialize in melee combat but you can also upgrade many of your units' armor/health and sight/range enhancement at the path to enlightenment. It is known as patient hunter because it is more focused on destroying infantry where as killing blow(Mont Ka') is more focused on vehicles and buildings. By the way, if you don't have at least some melee attack units, the rest of your Tau army will likely get smashed quickly or sent retreating by any decent player.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:59 AM   #56
Unregistered

Question Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

how come when you log on it will jump to 100% and will not finish
Old 01-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #57
Unregistered

when playing as the tau, is it better to build a montka or kauyon command post?
and does anyone have any tips when defeating the sisters of battle in their hq? using orks. whenever i try to destroy a shrine, that bloody saint is there and i cant do any damage!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #58
Unregistered

The tau are severly overlooked in general people say they are weak or overpowered on many cases thats not true the tau are on the up and down the kouyon focuses on their melee weakness giving u units like krootox. The mont'kal gives you the crisis sits and hammerheads. All in all the tau if they go either way can be easily killed. If the tau goes kouyon then just wipe those melee units and get up into the taus face. if they go mont'kal then get up into their face with melee units. The hardest tau defenses can be cracked. One race easy to kill tau with is necrons or orks. Becuase those races heve really good melee it makes the tau look weak. One good tau strategy is the battlesuit and heammerhead gunship backed with skyray defense. This can be easily routed with the two races ihave mentioned. You get into a battlesuits face its over and the enemy wont dare useskyray near its precious battlesuits. Hammerhead gunshps are your reall target get some jumpack squads or if your necron your necron lord to charge thru enemy lines and get behind those tanks right where they cant fire at you and the tua are finished right there. if you need any more helpful hints on a race post here and ill do my best to help bye
Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #59
Unregistered

A playu all races, and IMO i believe that the Tau are the best race if you know how to play good with them, 1st of all hammerheads, broads and suits suck, the upgrades for infantry are the best, you have to be very active with stealth suits and commander and know your terrain so you can control the jumper, i dont care if your Ork, Necrons, Space Marines... your going down, i already took 3 ork in hard, all attacking same time, only lost some stealth and barracudas.... most units didn't even came close to my defense line.
Most rushes are hard to with Tau, you just have to get you defensive line far from you HQ so your stealhs have time to do any damage wild you regroup, runing away is really amusing because most units focus and the others can fire more peacefully...

By the way, Monolith, Benesblathe, etc against Tau!? forget it, stealths granades take him out of business and by the time you get them back they are all alone and with less half live...
Old 04-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #60
newNub4thisgame

does anyone specialize or know how to play Sisters of battle reallay well?
any tips or advice besides bringin out the bloody saint?