About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Next-Gen Console Games

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #136
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Re: Dark Souls (previously Project Dark)

Nito!? Weird, very weird. He has an AoE attack of some kind, right? Tough to dodge?

I thought I'd try the Gravelord Sword Dance miracle on the Capra Demon; I imagined it would be prefect for him. However the swords seem to only appear out of the ground you are standing on (that little ledge) so it was useless.

I am making a poor fist of this playthrough. The Gaping Dragon has just killed me twice, for shame.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #137
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Nah, his AoE is not the issue, easy enough to back off. The problem is getting so far: his gravelord sword dance is killing me before I ever see him. It has really odd dodge timing, since you hear the noise from it, have to wait... wait a bit longer... and then dodge. It's easy enough to dodge when you see him, but when he's on the other end of the room I don't see his sword movement. Also, he has this uncanny ability to start his **** sworddance everytime I want to take an estus, which means I stand there like an idiot while that spike comes out of the ground. Since you take damage from falling already, I usually take an estus at the beginning but then he starts spamming his sworddance and if I wait too long with the estus his skeleton minions are ganging up on me. Ah, also had a great occasion where he started his sworddance just when I started with a backstab on a skeleton. My invincibility frames for the backstab ended just right when that spike shot out of the ground, killing me instantly. I was hammering the button to dodge but nothing happened since I was locked in the backstab animation. Awesome.

Edit:
Just did Sif. Clean kill, no problems at all. Having a go at four kings now. Can't be much worse than Nito currently is.

Last edited by Li-Ion; 11-03-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Li-Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #138
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Change of tactics. I got Smough's armor and did Nito with relatively few problems, even though I couldn't get rid of all his skeletons in time. Heavy armor can make things easier sometimes.

Now Four Kings, then Gwyn.

Hmmm....
Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #139
farfus
pretty cool dude

Hey guys, i discovered Dark Souls last summer and was hooked for many, many days! The dlc didnt take long to finish so im pretty much done with it and am waiting on Blops2. Once you figure out a good way to take down a boss they really arent much challenge again. For nito i figured out how to strafe him and hit him in the back side, taking out good chunks of damage, and blocking his blasts when they came. Having your estus flask to 20 makes most of the bosses fairly doable. If you have any questions about the 4 kings id be happy to help. The first playthrough they were simple, didnt even blink at them, then the next times are harder. The dlc was good, just really short....
farfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #140
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfus View Post
If you have any questions about the 4 kings id be happy to help.
Alright: what's the best equipment to beat them at Soul Level 1?

I have beaten them time and time again with regular characters, but with SL1 it's a bit tricky to say the least. A lot of attempts failed so far because the first King would keep on doing his shockwave attack, forcing me to back up a bit, so that by the time he's finally falling the second is already taking shots at me and the thirds is not far away. Two and eventually three of them are a nightmare to deal with at SL1.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #141
farfus
pretty cool dude

LoL sorry i just got through reading the last couple of pages, shoulda done that first, doh. I know the four kings are harder with a summons so cant suggest that as much help. But i know the witch is available normally. Gonna be tough because i just chug and hug, basically just whacking away until they are dead, but thats with 1900 hp. I know other people have done the lvl 1 run through over at Dark Souls forums you could get some insight no doubt, there were 3 or 4 peeps doing it when i read it...
Old 11-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #142
farfus
pretty cool dude

Here's a recent thread on gamefaqs about it, should help a lot

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/60631...souls/64541331
Old 02-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #143
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Fantastic stuff:

I got this from a great article on Demon's vs Dark. Not saying I agree with him, but he makes some good points.

There was also this great map video - I downloaded the tool and it's great but really hard to navigate.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #144
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Hah, imagine the worst Black Phantom ever...

As the comments say, "You are literally worse than Hitler".