About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Culture

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
gamevet

Halloween Gaming!

With Halloween just around the corner, do you plan to, or are you currently playing any games to set the mood?

I've just recently started playing Ghost Busters on the PSP, and on the PC I've played a couple of hours of Aliens Vs. Predator. I've heard a lot of bad things about AVP, but so far I've had a pretty good time with it.

Last edited by gamevet; 10-20-2012 at 07:20 PM.
gamevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
RandomRob

Rep Power: 8 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough
Re: Halloween Gaming!

imo, AVP was good until the Marine campaign ended at the 5 hr mark, and I started the broken awfulness that was the Predator campaign.

for Halloween, I have a craving for Parasite Eve 2. lol
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
gamevet

Parasite Eve! Now that's one game I've planned on picking up, what seem like forever, but never have.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
RandomRob

Rep Power: 8 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough

both games have some nice horror ambiance and the shooting/guncrafting strategies are kindof fun. 1st game is very sparsely populated, though, in terms of characters, and sound.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
Zanbatou
64-bit Poster

Send a message via AIM to Zanbatou

Thanks for the reminder! This is the time to be playing horror games.

I'm thinking of picking up the Elder Signs game I keep hearing about via the Twitter feed over there. Omens on IOS?

It would be a good excuse to finally try Metro 2033 too, which has been sitting in my Steam library since the last big sale.
Zanbatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
gamevet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanbatou View Post
Thanks for the reminder! This is the time to be playing horror games.

I'm thinking of picking up the Elder Signs game I keep hearing about via the Twitter feed over there. Omens on IOS?

It would be a good excuse to finally try Metro 2033 too, which has been sitting in my Steam library since the last big sale.
I've never heard of Elder Signs.

I have Metro 2033 on the PC. It has its moments, but there's a lot of dead time between the action. You end up in small underground communities, between the levels, where you'll have to scrounge up information and supplies. It becomes quite tedious.

I might install Dead Space 2 on my PC. I told myself that I'd finish up Dead Space on the PS3, but I was stuck at a location where I was really low on supplies and ammunition. I'd like to finish the first game, but it will require that I go back about an hour from where I last saved my game.

Last edited by gamevet; 10-22-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Elder Signs is some iOS boardgame-based game that the Tweeters to the right bang on about all the time.

Halloween Gaming - none planned; I have Resi 5, Dead Island, The Walking Dead and Alone in the Dark all here, but I am sick of zombies. Who decided that zombies were cool?

I wouldn't mind finishing off Dead Island, but having access to a talking shotgun and a caustic SMG in Borderlands 2 means it is really hard to go back to a game which gives you a 'weak stick' as a weapon.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
RandomRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Who decided that zombies were cool?
America?