About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #121
CaesariaJuno
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 CaesariaJuno is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New People, Please Introduce Yourselves

I'm Ryan, 25 years old, living in Los Angeles and working as a Maya computer graphics generalist at a visual FX studio, Stereocopic FX, LLC. I graduated from Full Sail University in October 2010 with a specialization in character modeling. I've worked on movies (Green Lantern, To the Arctic IMAX Documentary) and I did some freelance video game work for Valve (they didn't tell me which game it was for lol). I love video games; I love insightful, well articulated video game criticism as well as spirited debate about the direction and relevance of the industry and the nature (and evolution) of video games as a form of entertainment and well as an art form. I look forward to contributing to the community here and interacting with the other members!
CaesariaJuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #122
Steve Maxwell
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 Steve Maxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

My name is Steve! I've been reading Game Critics for a few years now, initially attracted by the extremely excellent writing of Brad Gallaway. Then Daniel Weissenberger recommended Deadly Premonition to the community here and I played it, and now my love for all things Game Critics is eternal.

Anyway, I have loved video games my entire life, and about 6 years ago that love accelerated as I started to purchase more consoles, read more reviews and just make games a bigger part of my life.

Recently, some big changes have been going on in my life (such as relocating) and I thought it was time to start a blog, get a twitter, and start writing some reviews, articles, etc. I just submitted my first review to the Game Critics Forum about an hour ago, so look for it: a Third Opinion on Nier, my favorite game of 2010!

Ultimately, for my money, games are the best form of entertainment out there, and I greatly appreciate how they are progressively bringing all the best parts of other forms of media together. Nice to meet you all!
Steve Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #123
Joanabaxter
New Poster

hello all,

Im new here.. love games, anime and yes im considering learning Japanese as well...
Joanabaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #124
xGamerChick
New Poster

Hello everyone! My name is Larissa but pretty much everyone calls me Rissa. I am currently 20 years old and diagnosed with autism and I am a pre-diabetic. I guess that's what got me into gaming, because I sortof shut myself off from the world when I'm not in the mood to deal with things. I've played video games since I was pretty much 7 years old. I had one of the old style game boy colors, and remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

Ah, times have changed. Now I really love my 3DS and my Wii and PS3. Little Big Planet changed gaming for me. It was such a fun game. ^^

Also, I've played Maplestory for about eight years. (Still play it. xD)

Anime and Manga are a big part of my life. I love roleplaying also. I hope to get to know you guys better, and I'll see you around the site. :3
xGamerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #125
DestructoKitteh
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 DestructoKitteh is an unknown quantity at this point

So i appear to be 17 year old british child of african descent. I was formally a forum troll on IGN's forums but got sick of all their bull**** (AND their generally lackluster reviews in which they give somethiong a bad score because you have to unlock characters and the gross misuse of their ratings system) and decided to start reading a real gaming website (in other words i love the podcast). My primary hobby used to be watching anime such as Naruto, Bleach, Gintama, Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in a Shell, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Nabari no ou, One Piece, Soul Eater, D.Gray Man, Kuroshitsuji, School Rumble, Shaman King, Casshern SINS, Vampire Knight, Tales of the Abyss, Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Fairy Tail and Blue Exorcist but seeing how that industry is slowly deteriorating and i am watching a lot less than i used to i decided to get into games more. On the topic of gaming i just recently got into the Mass Effect series and quite love it (especially the first) and now i am scowering the internet for games that are similar and have so far gotten Dragon Age: Origins from my adventures and am loving that too. I am also a huge fan of button mashers especially the Hokuto musou and Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3.
DestructoKitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #126
GameReviewer122
New Poster

Rep Power: 0 GameReviewer122 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sup guys! I am a PC gamer and play FPS, mostly of Valve. Am glad to be here to review/read reviews of game. Hope this website will turn out to be as good as I think it is!
GameReviewer122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #127
jchippett
New Poster

Location: Currently I live in Repulse Bay, Nunavut in Arctic Canada

Hi all,
My name is Jeremy Chippett and I am a high school teacher in Arctic Canada. I am also currently pursuing a masters degree in Education. For this degree I am currently researching the potential of the video game format as an educational tool among the Canadian Inuit people. It is my hope to someday be able to combine my interest in teaching, my cynicism of the current school systems, and my passion for gaming into a position working with (good) educational video games.

I have been a gamer my entire life starting with the Atari 2600 before moving onto the C64 and then into the console generation!

I look forward to posting in these forums! Thanks for a great site!
jchippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:41 AM   #128
JeremyWise
New Poster

Post Re: New People, Please Introduce Yourselves

Hello folks,

I am glad to be in a rich forum. My name is Jeremy Wise from Ohio. I play games a lot, whenever i get time I have my PSP to hang out with. Basically I am a business person, and i cant find time to play games but, I play till midnight. Searching for games and walkthroughs, I reached here. Now I want to share and discuss about games and problems. Hope I can get support from the senior members.

Thanks
Jeremy
JeremyWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #129
icsis
New Poster

Well i have 3 kids, 4 dogs and with the new baby i just got time now to get back into playin my games. i like rpg games.. ive played many wow fate fallout.. now im onto fate again.. its nice to read the discussions very helpful to someone like me.. love to play lack the computer skills to figure out patches and addons... slowly figuring out how to do it myself... so thats pretty much me...
icsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #130
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Hey folks, welcome to the forums here. Something you may not know is your first 10 posts are moderated and then you can post at will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchippett View Post
Hi all,
My name is Jeremy Chippett and I am a high school teacher in Arctic Canada.
Holy crap, Repulse Bay? How'd you end up there? I've flown over an area of Canada which I thought was pretty remote, but it turns out you are off the map compared to it.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #131
Blinn
New Poster

Quote:
It's really nice to see some new folks here. Please tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? What do you do for a living? What are your hopes and dreams?
My name is Blinn. I'm one of those gamers who feels the video game industry just isn't exciting anymore because of the way gaming corporations handle video game development. To me, it seems every game is trying to be a copy of another game. However, I plan on changing that in the future with a video game concept of my own.

As for where I'm from, I'm from England, and currently, I have no job, due to problems IRL. However, that doesn't stop me from starting a career of my own.

My hopes and dreams are to invent a new kind of video game that takes everything I learned from my early childhood to my early adulthood, and making a PC game out of it. However, it's much more abstract than that.

Now I don't know all the ins and outs of the whole procedure of making a video game, but that's why I came here, so I could learn what it takes. I have the imagination, the drive, and a lot of creative writing ability. The first thing I want to do is look for someone that I can talk up a technical game design document with.

To give you an idea of how much potential this idea of mine has, I talked to a friend who loves WoW. As his #1 game, he rated it an 8.8. When I talked about just the character design, the faction element, and especially the level and extent of fan-based participation, he rated that an 8.8 as well.

My overall idea is a MMORPG with real-world physics, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I really would like to find someone who can give me guidance for my particular needs as a (hopeful) indie game developer. I don't plan on making this game overnight and the best ones often take years to make, but I have the patience and all the time in the world to prepare.
Blinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #132
Pingwing
New Poster

Hello, my name is Kim. I'm a Canadian girl who loves to read and play video games, and to write about both!

I have loved video games since I was a child and received the NES as a Christmas gift. My husband has a PS3 so I am slowly starting to play and enjoy games on that system, but the majority of my gaming is done on Nintendo systems.
Pingwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #133
Lammy742
New Poster

Location: Arlington, VA about 15 minutes from our nation's capital

Hi, my name is David and I'm 30 years old and live in Arlington, Virginia. My first system was an nes and I've had a love of gaming ever since. Action rpgs are my favorite genre. At the moment I'm one of the 99% and playing through Skyrim and really enjoying it. Other than gaming, I'm in a DC based improv group called the Penthouse Basements. We have a youtube channel and if you're curious to see us in action ask and I will provide a link. I've been listening to the game critics podcast for a couple months now and finally decided to join the forums. I'm glad to be a part of a site like this that shares my love of gaming.
Lammy742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #134
mr.pants
New Poster

Hi my name is Jules I'm 20 and work for UPS Dallas as a preloader (graveyard shift). I'm a big rpg fan however I do appreciate games that I feel are well made from other genres. I found this site because I have a friend that loves legend of the dragoon and he stumbled across Ben Hopper's several year old review and showed it to me. I've been reading a lot of the reviews here and have listened to a solid majority of the back logged podcasts (which I love by the way) and decided to show my support for the site and join.
mr.pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #135
Ichorid4
New Poster

Hi all. I'm Cameron from Sydney, Australia. Pleased to meet everyone.

The only thing that comes to mind to say is that I hate Demons / Dark Souls which I get the feeling isn't a popular opinion around here :P.
Ichorid4 is offline   Reply With Quote