About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #46
Courtney

Talking Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1 word...
PRACTICE!!!
If you have problems getting your dog to jump over the hurdles then make sure you make the lure honk while it is in the light zone. Also make sure you perfect YOUR technique for reeling the lure in.
Hope this helps!
Thanks so much! I practiced more and more and more and now i'm on the Nintendogs Cup!! Much love!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #47
Courtney

Lightbulb Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

A BIG Hint To All Those Who Don't Already Know This!!!

On walks, there is a 'Secret Path' when you see a signpost with a yellow/gold frame showing a person walking a dog - this is the secret path signpost!

On the secret path you can find:
-More cones (if you zig zag round these without moving the cones you win a present)
-More presents
-More grass patches so you have a better chance finding presents in them (a much much much better chance!!!)

YOU CAN FIND SECRET PATHS ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, JUST LOOK AROUND AND IT MAY HELP IF YOUR DOG IS WELL FED, NOT THIRSTY AND WELL SHOWERED! GOOD LUCK!!!! <3
Old 04-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #48
Unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

As I said earlier you just have to practise loads and loads. If your one of those people that 'just wants to get to the nintendogs cup' then maybe you should be setting other goals!! One of my dogs if in the all 3 of the nintendogs cups and you only win 500 in 1st place! Thats half the amount of the original nintendogs.

I think it would have been a good idea if the more times you win in the nintendogs cup, the money you win or the more trainer points you get. What do you think guys??
Oh, and I hope I don't sound too snotty
Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #49
unregistered

Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(I've posted a couple of times as unregistered but i'm KELLY - 8000 trainer points and the snotty one above!)

I just thought that I'd post to say that I reached 12000 trainer points today, so have got unlocked even more.

Post any questions that you have and write if your asking me personally or not! If there's anything that you want me to test out and give my opinion on, just say.

I unlocked the robo-voucher thing and brought a robodog - their a waste of money!!! They are exactly the same as the furry dogs, only they have different sound effects. Oh and in my opinion, the piano is a waste of money too. It costs about 4000 and my cat didn't go near it!
[I havn't wasted any of my money though, because I make sure that I don't save until I'm happy with big purchases!]
Old 04-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #50
Unregistered

How about you kiddies spell practice right. -_-
Old 04-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
unregistered

First, unregistered guy above me, nobody cares about spelling, so GTFO.

Second, I need help. How do you unlock the plain red hair/head ribbons? I want them for my cat, but they're not in any of the Barc stores or Coletta.

I'm also having trouble in the lure contest. I've practised a lot, but it's not getting better. I'm on the Nintendogs Cup. The Obedience Trial isn't looking so good either. How do you get your pet to stay sitting/lying/whatever for 9 seconds? I know people will say practice, but do you use treats, and what do you do with the treats to make them stay?

Sorry if it's hard to understand. Thanks
Old 05-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #52
Unregistered

(This is KELLY)

If you want your dog to hold certain commands for longer, you have to say the command and then give it a treat everytime it listens to you! I find that PRACTISING (is that better for you!) about 3 times will improve how long your dog can hold a command for by about 2 seconds...

If your dog is in the nintendogs cup for lure coursing, then I guess they are already pretty quick. What I do with my dog, Laika, is take her to the gym before entering her so that she can refresh her memory of how to win!! Eventually something in your dogs' brain should click and enable them to go just that little bit faster then the other that your against.

I'll just go and get my 3DS and check whether I have the red ribbon - get back to you on that one
Old 05-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #53
Unregistered

Talking Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

(This is KELLY again)

I think I've always had the plain red bows because their the first bows in the accessory shop...
But if I'm wrong, I think I unlocked then when I had about 8000 trainer points!

By the way, I do realise that I spelt practice wrong in my other post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #54
Unregistered

Your dog's physique becomes ideal when you walk them regularly and feed them the healthier food. You can find it in the shop.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #55
Unregistered

Also I don't know if anyone has discovered this, but while in your supplies, if you click on the top information for your food products and water you can change the type of bowl your dog eats out of. Just click on the information bar and then you can scroll through the different options in the top right hand corner. Enjoy
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #56
Unregistered

Question Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

my pets are

Amber, all white maltese
Ace, black and white great dane
and Spike, spotted tabby standard cat

about physic i have had Amber on wet food for ages now and it says she is under fed it said she was skinny yesterday i always feed her whenever she's hungry and all that does anyone have any ideas please?
Old 05-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #57
Unregistered

(This is KELLY)

Have you unlocked the fine food yet?? I feed my dogs on that and it got my dog Laika into good shape. If that doesn't work then maybe your dog has glitched up

I NEED DOG NAMES!!!
At the moment I have LAIKA (cocker spaniel) and JACKSON (husky), so I'm looking for a name to go with them! I don't want the name to end in 'a' or 'n'!

I officially have 14500 trainer points!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #58
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

I've just played this game for about a week and i'm just wondering, correct me if i'm wrong. Formula seems to change your pet's physique. I've bought my husky and it started out to be plump, then i started to notice that some of the pets had their physique to be ideal and how much faster they can run compared to my husky. So i decided to make my pet fit. I've been feeding it diet food for quite some time and also walked and trained my pet as much as i can and it's still plump. Being quite curious of the description for "formula" because they stated it's for GROWING PETS, so i decided to give it a try. I fed them formula last night and VOILA!!! I woke up having a skinny husky and an overfed cat. LOL
I do admit i overfed my cat a lil' because i had most of my attention on my dog since cats are just for show. I thought it was ok to feed him as his physique had always been plump. =X
So my question is, can anyone tell me if Formula really does affect the physique of our pet?

Another thing is, i saw someone posting with regards to red ribbon? I remember i got mine using Spotpass? I met the person when i was walking my dog and the person would give me some gifts once in awhile. I got my red ribbons from him. ^^ Hope that helps.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #59
Unregistered

Smile Re: Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever New Friends Tips Help Tricks Hints Strategy Gu

Here's a link that briefly talks bout trainer points and how you can earn and lose them based on how you treat your pets:

http://nintendogs.wikia.com/wiki/Trainer_Points

This link provides a table showing how many trainer points are needed to unlock certain breed:
(Click on breed and scroll a little to see the table)
http://www.3dsbuzz.com/games/nintendogs-cats/#Breeds
Old 05-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #60
Unregistered

That link is for the old nintendogs. And if you want your dog to bring the disk back to you without having to call his/her name and be faster plus catch better go to any park, I recommend the sandy one but any will do, get a boomerang from barc and throw it a lot! If you dog can't catch it at first that means it is slow and it will get faster because he or she will catch it soon! At first couple times you will need to call it to come back with disk or boomerrang, whatever you throw, and when it comes to you don't just grab it, pet your dog until the little flowers come up. My dog is doing great at the disk nintendogs cup he is perfect, he is fast and brings it back without me telling him to and jumps when catching it. But I keep losing because I have horrible disks they go so slow and don't go far, I walked and walked but all I get are suprise cookies and other stuff. Does any one know how to get the pro disk? I have 2100 trainer points. Oh ya I have a Shiba Inu named kamon. He is "ideal" it says, he used to be plump. weird.
Well I hope I helped! Always practice!