About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #46
Unregistered

Smile Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello!

What do you think is the best combination of skills for an all court player? I use to play on the baseline, but i go to the net from time to time. A jack of all trades..
IMHO (all gold of course plus the appropriate equipment): 1) hewitt foot speed to get all those cross courts and drop shots; 2) roddick serve for the aces; 3) nadal forehand for the wicked topspins (works with slice too, but not as good as the federer backhand, I find).

I experimented with replacing the hewitt speed with the federer backhand but I found that I couldn't chase down the highly angled crosscourts or the dropshots at the net. However, with nadal forehand+federer backhand gold, you could place the ball almost anywhere you want to.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #47
Tayshaun

Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

time the shot well enough so that you can hit the ball down the line, this will throw the opponent off. If that doesnt turn out to be a winner, quicky press the up and whatever button that brings you across and volley it back.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #48
Unregistered

Quote:
That's also my question.. how to beat a Serve&Volley tennisser?
Lobbing doesn't work, they still return it...
hhahahaha i know eh , it's fuked, it's impossible to beat server and volley. and lobbing does not work, thery like get back and hit a winner of it every damn time.lololol
Old 12-26-2009, 01:04 AM   #49
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

While you all think you have very good internet connections you are all wrong. The fastest internet connections in the USA are around 100mbs in most asian and european countries they are running gigabit internet connections. They run 10 X's faster then us. There is where your problem lies you are responding way slower then they are !!! Stick to USA opponents.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #50
Unregistered

How annoying is it when you are winning and about to bag the points then some numpty switches there Wii off !!!!!!
and you end up with no points for your hard play!!!!
god i could scream
Old 12-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #51
Unregistered

Am I missing something somewhere? When my son and I want to play against the computer on doubles...it ALWAYS gives us McEnroe and Williams as the opponent. Can we change this somehow to play who we want to play?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #52
Unregistered

Yes. After you select who you will be (for both of you), the selection process passes on to the computer opponents. Change your opponents using the D-pad in exactly the same manner you chose the players for yourselves. Have fun.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:45 AM   #53
Unregistered

Quote:
hhahahaha i know eh , it's fuked, it's impossible to beat server and volley. and lobbing does not work, thery like get back and hit a winner of it every damn time.lololol
------------
When receiving at the AD court, return with a backhand slice down the line whenever possible. The ball will swing to the left and curve back at the last minute to fall fast inside the far corner. The volleyer will either miss it or hit a weak return and stumble. Rush the ball and put it away before it bounces and before the volleyer gets up.

When receiving at the Deuce court, hit topspin or flat down the line, taking the ball early so the volleyer has less time to rush the net. Watch out: If the volleyer is fast, down the line will not work because it gets invariably put away cross court.

If it is an opponent who loves to serve extremely slow underhand then rushes the net (there is a proliferation of those types these days - but it's waning), wait until the very last second when the volleyer is committed to the net, then lob. These types have learned recently to fake their rush to the net (they move forward then retreat to try to fend off the lob). If so, use an angled drop shot to return the soft serve to draw them back to the net and then lob or hit a topspin passing shot.

Have fun.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #54
Unregistered

yeah i know say i hit the ball way away from him he just appears where the ball is and hits it
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #55
Unregistered

Quote:
yeah i know say i hit the ball way away from him he just appears where the ball is and hits it
Yeah - that's frustrating. The GST community once called it "teletransporting." You're up against a nunchuk player with either a gold speed on a created player or any of the 5-star character players (Nadal is especially fast). It also has something to do with the inability of the software to compensate for differences in internet connection speed. The teletransporting player doesn't necessarily see himself magically zooming across the court.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 AM   #56
Unregistered

Quote:
Cheers to you all for this thread. Now I knowI'm not crazy.
Its time we started listing these weak A holes. NAME AND SHAME!!!
USA- ImSoStoned is todays first.
Will update this when more encountered. Have run into several. Would be useful if there was an option to play in own country too as lag seems much less an issue.
For a true game look for "SayHiToYaMom" or "Shanosan". Both from Australia.
.......Anyone for tennis??
its always the aussies that are the good sports im an aussie too and one thing i have noticed is the game would be ready to start and the other player will leave... do they really leave or is it a bug in the game? it happens a bit with fifa 09 too...
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #57
Unregistered

To beat a serve and volleyer when you return the serve return it to the sideline so either hit it early or late depending on position
Old 02-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #58
Unregistered

I am no expert, but I would agree that there are definitely some cheaters on-line. I can win every grandslam game when playing off-line, but on-line I can hardly win a point.

As a lot of other people have said, the opponent just magically appears at the ball and manages to hit it back when it's clearly out of reach.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #59
Unregistered

[quote=Unregistered;179133]While you all think you have very good internet connections you are all wrong. The fastest internet connections in the USA are around 100mbs in most asian and european countries they are running gigabit internet connections. They run 10 X's faster then us. There is where your problem lies you are responding way slower then they are !!! Stick to USA opponents.[quote]

I totally agree. It's the internet connection. Yes, there are things you can do to slightly compensate like judging where the player will return the ball and be there waiting for it. I was frustrated in the beginning, sure I could beat the computer nearly every time, but on-line I sucked E.i. weak serve, slow strokes and so on but NOW I can hold my own with some of the good ones. I've learned a few tweaks E.i. Power serve, fast serve, a wicked slice and some other goodies along the way and you will too just keep playing and trying new techniques and you might just luck on something special!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #60
Unregistered

Well, the glitch when returning serves is nothing new to me (been on both serving and returning end of this and I know how it feels when you return the serve but it's still called an ace).

I've had a new problem today which has been mentioned a page or two back -- all my serves (even no buttons pressed during) were called faults. I could only serve a very-very slow balls if I hit them while they were dropping down.

If EA made it this way to counter the fast-serve glitch, it sucks. My character has a Riddick's server and I played ALOT to gain skills for my character and now I can't use them online? I want my damn refund!