About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #31
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Guys, I think there may be cheaters but it is not always the case that I have found. I also had similar experiences initially as you all but there was another face of coin also. There were times when I served and the other guy returned correctly but I got the point and I knew how much he would be frustrated thinking that I was cheating. But I had no cheats. My observation tells me that if you are the first person to serve this would help you and if you are the one to receive then u would lose points on opponent's serve even if u return correctly. Sometimes when I hit out of court it is called in so it works both ways I guess.
This has actually helped me to understand that other guys might also be getting benefit without their actual intention and when u are the first server u get that benefit. So it all evens out, I guess. Therefore, forget about this and concentrate on playing ur best.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #32
Unregistered

Re: **how to counter people who use the serve cheat**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So it seems like a lot of people are annoyed how some players are able to cheat on their serve and win every point automatically, regardless of whether your return is going in or out. Today I picked up on something which led to me discovering how to counter this spineless cheat.

While playing against someone from England I noticed that there were times when he would make a serve clearly in, but it would be called out. Based on this I guessed that when someone uses this cheat, if the serve is not returned the serve will be called a fault, regardless of where it lands. Turns out I was right!

Keep in mind this guy was using the serve cheat on literally every point of his serve, so I was confident that I could use this strategy and win the match in a tiebreaker. And sure enough, at 3-2 in the breaker, I purposely let his serve (created character with roddick's serve) go past me both times, and he double faulted. Although he picked up on this and stopped using the cheat, one mini-break was all I needed in the tiebreaker to win the match.

Hope this helps some of you out.
I definitely think you're onto something here. I just started playing online last week. Overall things have been pretty positive for me but I encountered one of these guys definitely cheating on the serve. I would return the serve clearly in and he would get the point. But other times I would be unable to return the serve because it was too good and the game would call it a fault. In retrospect I think you must be right that if you use the cheat and your opponent doesn't hit the ball that it gets called a fault. Even more satisfying to know now that I beat him in a tiebreaker!

On the flip side, I have found a few people that are quitting against me shortly after the game starts. I think many people must be mistakenly thinking that I am cheating due to lag issues or something else. It is too bad that cheaters are fouling things up for others. I did play a player named "koko" recently whose character looked like Venus Williams and she was unstoppable. I don't think any cheats were being used but she was hitting winners and aces like crazy! I'd like to know how she was doing it but I guess there is hope for truly mastering the game.

Glad I found this thread. Thanks for the info and advice!
Old 10-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #33
Unregistered

Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

I'm still having a lot of trouble with motion plus

sometimes it feels very like a real tennis swing where i can actually direct my shot... but often I take a big EaRLY backswing (reading the ball as a forehand, for example) and wii just perceives my early backswing as an early SWING and air swings at noting

it's pretty frustrating

I read the advice about holding the remote in front of me between every stroke but it seems to me it is discouraging a realistic follow through (especially on a big topspin shot) AND discouraging early preparation
Old 10-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #34
Bob

Hey all,

I just want to say: they are not cheating. It has also happened to me that when I serve I automatically get the point, even if the other player returns it. It is just a 'glitch' in the game. When the glitch happens to me, I always serve a 'slow' ball so the other player has a chance to swing it back.

As for something else, all the Japanese people I've played seem to have the serve glitch. My solution, quit the match before it has begun. You don't lose any points if you do this. So again, Do Not Play Japanese People!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #35
Unregistered

The problem is not a "cheat" it may be a glitch but anyways.. It could be lag. If you play people from far away like Japan or Germany or Turkey or any other country.. Then you might get lag. You might notice they "teleport". Play people nearby you.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #36
Bill

By the way.. you may need to calibrate the Wii Motion Plus by pausing and holding it still for a second. That makes sure you don't have early or late swings. Also if you need to, you can adjust sensitivity settings of the Wii Sensor Bar by the original Wii Settings. That may fully calibrate your Wii Controler and Wii Motion Plus. So far by doing this I had no trouble. However, if you choose to play online you may have lag problems and the game might look a little messed up.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #37
Unregistered

Hello!

What do you think is the best combination of skills for an all court player? I use to play on the baseline, but i go to the net from time to time. A jack of all trades..
Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #38
Unregistered

Smile Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

How to beat serve and volleyers online? They are only tough to beat when they have a fast big serve. I play a Monica Seles like baseline power game and using angles has been very effective. Attack the serve by hitting down the line, hitting the ball hard directly at the player or LOB ( especially for very hard fast serves). Another important thing is to try to ALWAYS hold your serve and keep the unforced errors very low.

I was able to beat 10 serve and volley players consecutively online last night from the baseline.

One thing to remember to is that this game is 50% mental. So be mentally tough and always treat every point like its a match point.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #39
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm still having a lot of trouble with motion plus

sometimes it feels very like a real tennis swing where i can actually direct my shot... but often I take a big EaRLY backswing (reading the ball as a forehand, for example) and wii just perceives my early backswing as an early SWING and air swings at noting

it's pretty frustrating

I read the advice about holding the remote in front of me between every stroke but it seems to me it is discouraging a realistic follow through (especially on a big topspin shot) AND discouraging early preparation
I know exactly where you're coming from, I had the same thing but a bit of internet research and practise and it makes a difference.

on the cheating note how is it possible that some people "Cheaters" hit a ball that hard and down the center whilst mine just go like a girl throwing a ball. I'll have another go later but if it isn't working i'm giving up on online play, Please add me if you want i play honest

TheRealRoof

Cheers guys
Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #40
Unregistered

This looks like the way it should be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4M-d7hbw
Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 AM   #41
Unregistered

HI,

I have also noticed that the game goes two ways. I have no idea how to "cheat" and several time served and got point automaticly regardles where the ball was returned. But same thing happened when thy serve to me, it's a clear ball in and points go to them.
The strange thing is about the out's as well, some time is out by 2 meters and it's called in and some times it land on the line and is called out. but that to works in both ways. it's just up to you how bad a looeser you are i get so pissed of for thet, but on next game is to my advantage.
The next thing is the strange movement of players, who hit the ball after it's past them. my theory is lag, at there side or at mine. As my wireless router was on for 3 days and it went bananas, frame rate was 2-3 / sec. i restarted it and against same opponent a bit later worked perfectly. but if there connection is bed there is little that can be done i think, as payers jump from one side of the court to the other, i get all happy and put my hand i the air and they return the ball back .

i searched the web for cheat codes but i could not find any to see if cheats work, guess on-line play has some big bugs that were missed by EA!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #42
Unregistered

Smile Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

The Key is to push the a and b button real fast and wave the racket back and forth.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #43
Unregistered

Quote:
The Key is to push the a and b button real fast and wave the racket back and forth.
Are you serious? What's the effect?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #44
Unregistered

it happens all the time. i've been on both ends of the match where the "serve-point-glitch" happens. some players get so frustrated (me included) that they just forfeit the game. i wish EA would fix this glitch.... note, though, that i've won most of the matches inspite of the glitch. it can be done. good luck!

Quote:
explain to me why i was playing someone online...they had a very very fast serve, but when i returned it....clearly in....it just stopped and gave him the point? also a ball went clearly out by him and it was his point? are there possible mods/cheats for this game that people have created? i almost beat him...but his cheap cheat (haha) helped him on match point. i kinda figured out how to beat the cheat..i had to swing very early so it wouldnt call it a point...but it would just go out cuz i swung so early...it reeally realllly pissed me off and i tried to play him 4 times...and my rank points are at 65 now...and i was at 500 before (i had just started online but im still pretty good)
Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #45
Unregistered

Cool Re: Grand Slam Tennis Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Quote:
it happens all the time. i've been on both ends of the match where the "serve-point-glitch" happens. some players get so frustrated (me included) that they just forfeit the game. i wish EA would fix this glitch.... note, though, that i've won most of the matches inspite of the glitch. it can be done. good luck!
I have also been on both ends of the serve-glitch. I feel bad both ways. When the serve glitch works in my favour, I slow down the serves but not to the point of "floaters", and this, simply to get the glitch out of the way and get the game going. I admit it is gratifying to win but terribly unsatisfying if it is going to be because of a software bug. I'm in it for the fun, and not for the pursuit of some imaginary tennis ranking that doesn't really mean a whit.