About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

Valhalla Knights 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide PSP

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for Valhalla Knights 2 PSP here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Chi Kong Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Valhalla Knights 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide PSP

Heya,

First a tips: type a 9 characters nick for your avatar, you'll now have 4 skill points to distribute.

Now, I need help for the first quest! I dunno what I need to do on the forrest... Mobs are strong and I die every 5mins so now I'm borred, plz help!!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Unregistered

Re: Valhalla Knights 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide PSP

what is your quest at the moment? i don't have difficulties on doing the quest. heres a tip. once you enter the slums area theres a box there that will give you 1k gold. Use it to recruit another ally priest. once you have the priest everything will be fine.

My problem now is where to find a bow coz i want a bow for my thief. If anyone knows where i can get it or somehow unlock it in the armory plz post. thanks
Old 10-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
Jadakin

wat you should do is have ur avaatar be a monk my team so far is monk, priest and a thief. you can recriuet the preist for free at the guild but the thief will cost you 500. right now im stuck im in da forest and its asking me for a code made from, triangle, circle, square and X if anyone know the order please post it
Old 10-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
Helpful

Smile Re: Valhalla Knights 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide PSP

the answer is circle,triangle,triangle,square
Old 10-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
JabaPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakin View Post
wat you should do is have ur avaatar be a monk my team so far is monk, priest and a thief. you can recriuet the preist for free at the guild but the thief will cost you 500. right now im stuck im in da forest and its asking me for a code made from, triangle, circle, square and X if anyone know the order please post it

hmmm... 1 question.

you said that you can recruit the priest for free...

is that with your character being a monk? because mine is a dwarf fighter, and i definitly cant get the priest for free... + i made the error that i bought some equipment with the 1k + i died a few times so i dont have money, ill just start a new character to follow what you guys said though

i just got the game today a few hours ago
Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
Unregistered

The secret to the first quest seems to lie behind the door guarded by the six mushrooms. But I keep getting killed (Mage) so I haven't made it in.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Jadakin
New Poster

yea finished da latroci test,and also find rose's dog quest its in the 3rd slums area, the 1 quest ppl will find annoying is the kill12 hostalie quest because 8 of them have 2 be mantises. i used a money cheat i got 6 ppl in my team all lvl 6 apart frm my avy whos lv 8 but i still die.

my new team
lvl 8 m akatoki monk,lvl 7 f elf priest,lvl f human thief, lvl 6 m elf mage, lvl 6 f halfling thief,lvl 6 m dwarf fighter
Jadakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #9
talkcrap

OO. I played it for quite awhile. I have a hint for new gamer to start with. Be a monk as your main character. I have a monk in my party which is at lvl8 then i change his job to a fighter. His hp will shoot up and he can be a good tanker for battle. I do not remember of getting a priest free in my game. However the money to recruit a new member is 500G more for another recruit. 500G,1000G,1500G...... Do not recruit over 6 mem cos 6 is the max and you will get to know an anchor( another job / he is a mage alike )/halfing call henry in one quest and you can add him to your party.
I started off with a theif/halfling which are not that useful (other than opening trap chest) and in later game he cannot catch up with the other job because of his low hp and atk. He died easily = no exp. High speed stat had not much use in evading atks from the mob.
Tips: When you get a party of a healer(priest) a mage and a fighter go for the arena battle in the guild. You can level quite fast there and for early game always go training without money cos it divide by half each time you die.
For other extra job, such as enchantress and archer, you need a job card. I had only found 1 job card till now, which is enchantress. However i do not know whats the diff between priest and enchantress.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
boobjob

Angry Re: Valhalla Knights 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide PSP

so that means i must go leveling till i'm level 8 before i do my first quest?cause when i reach the jungle with my priest i'm only level 2 as i cant fight them so i evade most of the mobs
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
JabaPR

okay, so this is what i did:

First of all, im a monk.

Second, once you get the 1000 gold, get a priest, you should be fine for now. Kill stuff in the forest, blah blah... get items, finish the quest.

Once you do that and go back to town, *IDENTIFY ALL THE ITEMS* and sell them! You will get triple the money once identified (identify things cost 100 gold, armor and weapons will sell for 300+ gold)

once you sell all your stuff, you will have atleast 6k gold (atleast i did)

now go to the guild, and recruit more allies!

I got a fighter, a thief and a mage.

So, i have a party of 5 right after the first mission was completed (the latroci test)

After that, go do some more quests from the guild, and you will get money, + look in the forest, you will find in some doors a chest with 1000 more gold in it.

+ identify and sell the armors and weapons until you get a full party.

After you get the full party, go ahead and do some quests and kill stuff to get your party equiped.

* i recommend giving your mage and priests the identify magic skill, so you wont have to spend 100 gold or farm for the identify item*

so yeah, once u get a full party the game gets pretty easy, though at the "bosses" if you can call it that, i dont know why, the priests arnt healing very good =\ i put on behavior the priests to full healing, the mage to full attk magic, fighter and myself (monk) to attack, and the thief to 2 attack and 1 support.

*btw, does anyone know where can i get a bow for my thief? so far i havnt gotten one, im still doing quests @ the river
Old 10-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #12
Unregistered

What shall I do, when I opend this X, [], O, /\ door?? i dunno where i should go ;( i killed the 6 mushrooms and now i dounno what i need to do now!!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #13
JabaPR

If you are talking about the first quest, go to the crystal, and it will teleport you to the guild.

there she will explain, blah blah... and ur done with that, then u can do what i posted on my previous post, if you want to, thats one way to do it

or you can wait to get more people that will join you... but obviously it will be easier if u get 5-6 ppl right from the start
Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #14
talkcrap

Talking Re: Valhalla Knights 2 Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide PSP

To JabaPR:
I convert my thief back. I got my thief a bow and wooden arrow in the cave. You can find the cave which is after the mount part.
(town>>slums>>forest>>river>>swamp>>mount>>cave)
Hope i didn't get the place mix up. There are a lot of hardcore asses in the mountain. You can even find the dragon alike mob in the mountain. There are 2 doors in the mountain. Go to the right hand side once you see yeti (white-hairy monster) which is not as hard to fight with because they come in 2 per fight or 1. However never touch the wolves or werewolf alike. They kill you instantly and you cannot proceed to the cave. You cannot overrun them so once they caught sight of you, you should press on the menu and use an escape card or get defeated in the fight and lost half the G you have to the innkeeper. Make your choice. Then you got to walk there again. I manage to dodge all creature as well in the cave.

*If you manage to get into the cave carefully trigger the switch which is right in front of you. A dragon will spawn out once you trigger it . So dodge him and walk around. I did not challenge any mob in the cave but only get to fight a mimic.
*Mimic is a hostiae in treasure chest form. Its easy to fight and it turns into a real treasure chest after the fight. Good reward (rebirth flask and level 5 spell book) and EXP PT. 140exp pt per fight. I trained some of my character there. (Re-enter the door will spawn it in the same spot)
I died when i fight a mimic in the deeper cave which appear to be stronger.

Priest healing skill ain't that perfect sometimes. I have 1 priest and a sub-priest which is now an enchantress to heal my whole party. Bow are awesome if you use it with thief backstep. You can be invulnerable to melee attack but weak against magic attack. Arrows do not require to be refilled.

Now my party consist of a th/fi at level 20/11, a mo/fi 12/15, a fi/mo 18/11, pr 22, an/pr 19/4, En/pr 17/8. When your party member reach 20 a new skill will be available. However their lvl5 skill seems to be more useful.

Question: Is effects( bane, sick, stun blah blah... ) more important than WA(weapon atk) and WL (weapon level)? Which has more dmg?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #15
Unregistered

Just a quick note to those that aren't getting the "free" priest.

When you go to the guild don't try to recruit, just use the Add menu selction. There is a priest waiting to join you. Then you have to buy additional members as listed above for 500, 100, 1500..

Cheers!