About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #46
Unregistered

Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How Do You Do The Go To Moves Its Complicated?
HOW DO YOU DO THE GOTO MOVES
Old 01-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #47
Unregistered

Question Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
I'm having a hard time on finding out how to unlock the edit mode. When i goto edit players you cant change anything on the players is there a way you can unlock it or fix this?
Hey, there's something i don't get about this game, why is it that after i put lebron jame's 3 point shot up to 90, his hot spot outside the arc is still blue and i cant make a decent 3 pointer? Its almost as if the player edit is useless.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:52 PM   #48
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunther032 View Post
guys can you help me out fixing my problem on nba live 08 because when I when I play it and the Cpu call timeout it the game crushes. do you have any solutions about this problem plz reply to me thnks.

replace your nbalive08.exe with a good one. ask your friend that works fine.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #49
Unregistered

Help!!!! lol I got nba live 08 for pc..and i can shoot worth a ....i miss open 3s and even 2s Im new so i resort to just dunks..but i wish i could shoot better..like ill head fake at the 3 burn my man move towards the basket to get the easy 2 and still miss.. can anyone please help me and give tips on how to shoot better??
Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #50
Unregistered

hold the shoot button!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #51
Unregistered

Quote:
How Come You Can't Set Your Own Player Rotation In Dynasty Mode?????

If Any One Knows How To Help Me Out And Please Tell Me.
Under the selection of GM it should say something like "Team Management" or "Roster Management" from there, there is another list of options. I believe (although I'm not playing the game right now so it's not in front of me) there should be an option that reads Player Rotation. Click on that, and then switch your roster around so that all the players you want have stars next to their name. For example I'm the Suns and have Steve Nash, Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw, Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire for my lineup. Just switch around the players and make sure the starters are the top options in each selection) If more explanation is needed and you have 360 press the back button for help.)
Old 01-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #52
Unregistered

Quote:
Game is nice. Found glitches though.

Out of bounds line has no buffer zone, players' move animation randomly leads them behind the backboard for layups and some shots.

ALLEY OOPS ARE HORRIBLE. HORRENDOUS. Where's Bill Walton when you need a good adjective.

It might be impossible to stop Dwight Howard. Maybe EA is predicting the future...

When combining moves, the ball never touches the floor sometimes.

You can spin-pump-fake your way from one end of the floor to the other.

The 3 second clock is about 10.

Goaltending might just be turned off...or are International Rules applied this year???

Go-To moves should be dunks for some players. See LeBron James. See Dwight Howard. See Josh Smith. See Andre Iguodala. See Gerald Green.

8 of 10. MULTI PLAYER DYNASTY?!?!? PLEASE?!?!?
For some reason, when I play a game in dynasty mode or in exhibition mode, the player icons randomly dissapear and I can not turn them back on. I tried to to go gameplay options on the pause menu, but the game says the icons are not turned to fade or off, but on. Do you have any idea why this happens and what I can do to stop this from happening?
Old 02-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #53
Unregistered

Quote:
worst basketball game ive ever played. the slam dunk copatition is the same as last year and the dunks ally-oops and blocks are unrealistic. Dont buy it or play it go with 2k8 its 10x better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u suck balls
Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #54
Unregistered

how do you stop the fast break. Even if u score someone can come down and wait for their PF or Center to come down and pass the ball and the defender just stands there and the offensive power forward or center gets an easy dunk? thats the onkly thing i hate about the game?!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #55
JKidd101010

Angry Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

Quote:
For some reason, when I play a game in dynasty mode or in exhibition mode, the player icons randomly dissapear and I can not turn them back on. I tried to to go gameplay options on the pause menu, but the game says the icons are not turned to fade or off, but on. Do you have any idea why this happens and what I can do to stop this from happening?
Yo, this seriously happens to me all the time, and it is majorly annoying. I can play offense not bad when this happens, but I cant play defense ... I never know which guy I am even controlling! I think this is a major glitch, and I am almost glad to hear the same shit is happening to other people. I thought it was just my game!

To me, the most annoying thing about this game is the CPU player rotations. I dont know what the hell the CPU is doing. In one match-up, it had Garnett on the bench in favor of Leon Powe .... um, what?!! When I played New Orleans, both West and Stojakovic were on the damn bench! And as far as I can tell, I cant modify the CPU team's rotations. So I have to play teams that make no sense. Does anyone know if there is a way to edit CPU player rotations?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #56
Unregistered

Post Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

the only problem with the game itself is that there are a few glitches. The one that bothers me the most is that the developers do not know what and offensive foul is so you will get a couple of these called on you if you are a agressive player. Many people on this seem to have trouble finding features with in the game. In dynasty mode it is very easy as there is a menu accesible menu by clicking start. Ea added features like hot spots so that change your player's ability of hitting shots from certain spots on the floor. This feature is actually not as restrictive as it seems. Being a long time NBA Live customer, the game speed SUCKS in this game. Luckily, you can change it in the options menu in the home screen or in the in game menu. Isuggest 75 percent (from 50 percent) as 75 percent is most realistic. NBA Live 06 is my favorite year for next-ten because the gameplay in 06 was seamless and very detailed. But there is no dynasty mode in 06. 07 is terrible, but I enjoy playing 08 because of its revamped dynasty mode and its new/ improved features.

Brannan (Xbox 360)

Oh... Yeah, IGN can't rate sports games.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #57
Unregistered

Angry Re: NBA Live 08 Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints Cheat Codes and Strategy

does the circle around your players feet ever dissapear halfway through a game?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #58
Unregistered

Cool Re: i have a question

Quote:
i dont get it what is that when a white thing flashes underneath them and they do an amazing score and how do u trigger it
its the replay button
and u have to puch lt(left trigger)
Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #59
Unregistered

faster player every shot goes in
Old 02-17-2008, 06:49 AM   #60
Unregistered

Quote:
How Come You Can't Set Your Own Player Rotation In Dynasty Mode?????

If Any One Knows How To Help Me Out And Please Tell Me.
u have to go to player management. then player rotation...its the first one on the list.