About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Guide

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, trophies, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy guides for IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey for Nintendo DS and Xbox 360. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Unregistered

level help

on hornet's nest(last level in Stalingrad), what do you have to destroy? is it the planes or the ground things? cuz it says to destroy the transports, and if those are the planes, im still having trouble. anyone know what to do
Old 09-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
Unregistered

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

I can't get past Hornets Nest either. Everytime I think I'm clearing the skies, it then says mission failed - the transports got through.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
Unregistered

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

i hate this hornest nest level, like amost everyone. I cant understand why a developer make this kind of f...uck.g level. I did really like this game, but because of this level, i dont like it anymore, damn. I have tried this level thousands time, without any result on arcade style. i want to play this game, but its all over for me, i guess.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
Unregistered

Re: level help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
on hornet's nest(last level in Stalingrad), what do you have to destroy? is it the planes or the ground things? cuz it says to destroy the transports, and if those are the planes, im still having trouble. anyone know what to do
In order to achieve this level, first kill the transport planes. Use your flight crew to your advantage by ordering them to attack the current objective by using the directional pad and pushing it to the right or #3 as in the owner’s manual. Continue to do so until you have killed 30 planes. Make sure even though you shoot an enemy plane and it’s a smoker that the yellow disappears from you radar screen (as a kill) and then move on to the next, continuing to order your flight to attack the main objective. Once you have completed 30 planes in 8 minutes 30 seconds, the game will announce you have completed the mission and give a secondary mission to kill the ground guns. There will be a display to the bottom left showing how many to kill. I believe it will show 8 tanks/guns. Now there will be many targets on the ground that you can shoot, next to the spot lights. Do not do shoot these as it will cause you to fly around forever looking for the targets. Do not kill the planes that are attacking you either. The best thing to do is order your flight to attack the current objective then look on your map and see the blinking yellow points on the map, should show to the top left as a rectangle. That's where your flight (blue dots) will be congregating showing you the area you need to fly to (air field). Once you arrive to the air field you will see the current objective lit up in red with a star/circle above it. Using your missiles take out each one but continue to use the X button to light up the next target on the objective after you kill each. While doing this tell your flight to shield you to prevent being shot down by enemy planes. When you reach zero kills on the bottom left the game will announce that the objective is complete and to now leave the battle zone. Fly to the yellow flag and the mission is over. Takes some work as it took me about 30 try's to figure it out. But now you have the instructions.........go get them. Good luck and happy gaming, T-bone El Paso Texas. ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT!!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
Tommo
New Poster

Smile Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

To T-bone of El Paso Texas

Thanks for the help. Will try it out

Regards

Tommo
Tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
Unregistered

Re: level help

Quote:
In order to achieve this level, first kill the transport planes. Use your flight crew to your advantage by ordering them to attack the current objective by using the directional pad and pushing it to the right or #3 as in the owner’s manual. Continue to do so until you have killed 30 planes. Make sure even though you shoot an enemy plane and it’s a smoker that the yellow disappears from you radar screen (as a kill) and then move on to the next, continuing to order your flight to attack the main objective. Once you have completed 30 planes in 8 minutes 30 seconds, the game will announce you have completed the mission and give a secondary mission to kill the ground guns. There will be a display to the bottom left showing how many to kill. I believe it will show 8 tanks/guns. Now there will be many targets on the ground that you can shoot, next to the spot lights. Do not do shoot these as it will cause you to fly around forever looking for the targets. Do not kill the planes that are attacking you either. The best thing to do is order your flight to attack the current objective then look on your map and see the blinking yellow points on the map, should show to the top left as a rectangle. That's where your flight (blue dots) will be congregating showing you the area you need to fly to (air field). Once you arrive to the air field you will see the current objective lit up in red with a star/circle above it. Using your missiles take out each one but continue to use the X button to light up the next target on the objective after you kill each. While doing this tell your flight to shield you to prevent being shot down by enemy planes. When you reach zero kills on the bottom left the game will announce that the objective is complete and to now leave the battle zone. Fly to the yellow flag and the mission is over. Takes some work as it took me about 30 try's to figure it out. But now you have the instructions.........go get them. Good luck and happy gaming, T-bone El Paso Texas. ONE TEAM ONE FIGHT!!
This was very helpful
Old 05-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #8
Unregistered

Angry Re: level help

Quote:
so im not the only one? im on that mission now i never got past it and ive been playing for months
Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
ecboyd1380

Angry Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

i like birds of prey but hornets nest is the biggest pile of bullshet i ever steped n!y make unbeatable levels
Old 09-20-2009, 03:45 AM   #10
Unregistered

agree, i shoot 30 transportplanes down, still mission failed. I am already an excellent arcade flyer on this xboxgame, but i cant beat this hornet's nest level 'from hell'. Please developer, give us an update make this level happy playable on arcadestyle.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #11
Unregistered

Quote:
agree, i shoot 30 transportplanes down, still mission failed. I am already an excellent arcade flyer on this xboxgame, but i cant beat this hornet's nest level 'from hell'. Please developer, give us an update make this level happy playable on arcadestyle.
I dont get you people? i completed it on 360 in one night i told my teammates to attack the transports as well as myself its not that hard.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Unregistered

I'm stuck on Hornet's Nest as well. I shot everything down until they stopped sending any more transport planes, took out all the ground radar & gun installation, and even spend the time to take out every plane on the ground at the airfield and nothing happened for 30 minutes. When I went looking for new targets, but I kept getting the prompt to return to the battle zone out on the edges of the map. 505 is getting a call from me this afternoon.

Oh, yeah...I dropped the $40 for the Thrustmaster Hotas X stick and the game got 100% better.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
Unregistered

Angry Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

I'm also stuck. It sucks to play for 8 1/2 minutes only to get "Mission Failed"...all the other levels seemed pretty simple.

I'm checking the radar every couple of seconds, I'm not leaving planes, what is up?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
Unregistered

i really dont want to put anyone down, but you all must really SUCK!! i borrowed this game from a friend, played the missions, and beat hornets nest on the second try. just fuck shit up as fast as you can, and the mission is cake.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
BOB

Thumbs up Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheat Codes Strategy Gui

Unlike the rude ass who gave absolutely no insight into how he beat the stage I will hopefully shed some light. I, like the rest of you played countless rounds into the 8 minute + range only to be bewildered as to how I failed the stage. First of all you don't need to worry about the crap on the floor. Just put all your energy in knocking off the transit planes. The key is to make sure you actually shot down every plane in each grouping. You will notice the marker for some of the planes that you missed growing faint. This means the planes are trying to land. You need to get down to shoot them before they land. Trust you may think you got every plane in each pattern but chances are you did not if you don't keep close count of how many are in each grouping. Also coming in from the side helps your kill rate. I hope this helps. The next stage is boring by comparison.