About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, tricks, achievements, FAQ, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization (PC) here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Chi Kong Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strat

Does anybody know how to trade goods after refusing to pay tax? Is there anything like old Colonization Custom House?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Col Smurfer

Cool Re: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strat

It seems that the "CheatCode = chipotle" entry in "CivilizationIV.ini" still enables the console, but the old codes aren't working.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
Unregistered

Re: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strat

Anyone have any advice, hints, strategies etc?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
Unregistered

there is a list somewhere on the net, but i do know that once you enable "CheatCode = chipotle" you can type "Play.setgold (player #), (amount)" for gold...player 0 is human player.

EX: Player.setgold 0, 80000

gives 80000 gold.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Unregistered

Any tips on reducing the amount of food lost in your cities?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:33 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Smurfer View Post
It seems that the "CheatCode = chipotle" entry in "CivilizationIV.ini" still enables the console, but the old codes aren't working.
You only need to press different keys.
For example try CTRL + 4 or Shift + 4 .. this adds money.
Or press CTRL + D to enter the debug mode.
There you can give your units 200 movement etc.
Or do CTRL + W. There you can edit your settlement, your units, and so on.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #8
joker

Angry bad

No customs house? what did they think?...it's not the same like old colonization. I delete it.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #9
Unregistered

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been having a hell of a time with this game. It has a lot of potential to be great, but the above mentioned problems cause it to fall short. Your direct competitors are weak as hell, but the strangely omnipotent king (who you can do nothing to weaken or affect) kicks the crap out of me every time. And yes, why do I only have 45% rebel sentiment if I have 100% in all my cities!?!?

Patch please!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #10
Unregistered

About the rebel sentiment. I too found out that the rebel sentiment stayed low even though all my cities were operating at 100% independence. The only way to rise rebel sentiment OUTSIDE cities is to delete colonists, as the rebel sentiment follows units not cities.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 AM   #11
Unregistered

Cool Re: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strat

Thank god i'm not the only one who thinks that even on the easiest setting that the king recruits way faster than one can hope to keep up with...I thought with the defense bonuses applied to my soldiers by the fortress, that the king's forces would be dropping like flies outside them, but instead I'm all but spent defending the first wave, while i know that 75 more soldiers and 40 more dragoons are on their way, meanwhile the 50 artillery units have completely taken away any defenses my city used to have thanks to the nifty bombard feature.

I will be anxiously awaiting a patch as well...
Old 02-22-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been having a hell of a time with this game. It has a lot of potential to be great, but the above mentioned problems cause it to fall short. Your direct competitors are weak as hell, but the strangely omnipotent king (who you can do nothing to weaken or affect) kicks the crap out of me every time. And yes, why do I only have 45% rebel sentiment if I have 100% in all my cities!?!?

Patch please!
surefire way to increase rebel sentiment is to have a soldier or ten in the regiment of each city. even if you're producing bells like crazy your people won't want to revolt if they don't have protection from the most badazz infantry units ever...purple and brown?? come on people!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
frostie

Talking Re: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
surefire way to increase rebel sentiment is to have a soldier or ten in the regiment of each city. even if you're producing bells like crazy your people won't want to revolt if they don't have protection from the most badazz infantry units ever...purple and brown?? come on people!
the more soldiers you have the larger the kings army will get. to keep it low you only need a soldier in each city. your scouts also count as soldiers. start early getting a statesman build a school and educate more statesman. as your population grows you will need them. build printing press and newspapers as soon as you can this will draw more founding fathers and much faster and earlier in the game. when its time buy your soldiers, they increase in price progessively 1500,1800,2100, ect.ect: need at least 5 then make dragoons out the wing wang. to help store weapons and horses aboard the wagons and ships. untill needed so you can have more than allowed by warehouses.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #14
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Tips FAQ Help Tricks Hints Cheats Strat

I was a big time fan of the original colonization and couldn't wait for this updated version.. what a disappointment. I believe that the original was a far superior game. No wonder it was only $25.

It will take a slew of patches to make this version worth playing.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #15
Unregistered

What do I have to do to be able to trade guns and horses with the other Europeans?