About Us | Game Reviews | Feature Articles | Podcast | Best Work | Forums | Shop | Review Game

Go Back   GameCritics.com Forums > Video Games Discussion > Game Guide Help

Notices

Old 03-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
Chi Kong Lui
Next-Gen Site Owner

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Strategy

Got questions and/or advice? Post tips, achievements, tricks, hints, help, cheat codes and strategy for Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm here. Registration not required. Guest posting allowed.
Chi Kong Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

resource cheats? thats what im looking for
Old 03-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Why on Emperors name would someone want cheats for this ? Game is boring as it is, but with cheats i dont see ANY reason to play it.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Unregistered

Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Actually, I would have to disagree with the assertion that the game is boring. Ratchet the difficulty u and try a campaign. For those that enjoy strategy games, there is a lot there to give a challenge worth taking on several times. As for resource cheats, that is kind of destroying the point of the game. If you're having troublegetting a good go at it, put the difficulty on Easy and try the Space Marines. Their basic infantry and units are pretty balanced and don't take a whole lot to build, so they will ease you into learning as you go.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
Unregistered

space marines are far to overplayed, I started with the orks. Starting off easily the most difficult becuase of the 3rd rescource needed for troops, but using the correct strategy, they are the srongest race at rushing. later in the game the orks become near unbeatable, becuase of the massive firepower they pack and the brutal melee.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #6
Unregistered

i would just like to say

that orks are not unbeatable when there higher

tau will give orks run for there money anyday as tau have the range over orks

we played 6 hour game tau vs orks and tau won over there range of the orks
Old 06-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
space marines are far to overplayed, I started with the orks. Starting off easily the most difficult becuase of the 3rd rescource needed for troops, but using the correct strategy, they are the srongest race at rushing. later in the game the orks become near unbeatable, becuase of the massive firepower they pack and the brutal melee.
Yes, they are the strongest for rushing, but all a player needs to do to stop that is fight off the first wave and then build a defensive line. One of the best ones is where a guard player stes up heavy weapon teams in cover, with basiliks pounding the ground a bit in front of them, with oygrins/infantry in the rear and air support.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
Unregistered

Cool Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Quote:
Why on Emperors name would someone want cheats for this ? Game is boring as it is, but with cheats i dont see ANY reason to play it.

I pity you how can you not like dawn of war at least they no good games

haha you have just been owned
Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #9
Unregistered

tip: keeping your squads reinforced

if you want your squads to always be fully reinforced, then right click on the reinforce button. the unit will keep being reinforced until it has reached its maximum unit size. this is good if you dont want to need to attend to battle-damaged squads all the time, but can drain your resources.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #10
Unregistered

Post Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

if your playing as the imperial gaurd always have a good defence and then when you can bring in the baneblade and you are sure to win
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Quote:
if your playing as the imperial gaurd always have a good defence and then when you can bring in the baneblade and you are sure to win
No it isnt because i played as the orks before and the enemy were the imperial gaurds and they had a baneblade and i took it out because i was actully building up my nobs while sending my shoota boyz and sluggaz to da fight and they had a bane blade and i sent my nobs to attack the defencless bae the bane blade came back and i flanked it with my tank bustaz and i destroyed it and i lost 5 nobs but i won the match because i did what i did
Old 08-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #12
Unregistered

Red face Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

lol i sorta aggree with all of u. i must say that baneblade fails alot...sorry.. Orks have great fire power. just get flash gitz. shootaz lots of them..have ya squigith. battle tanks ready...sit back and shoot those tau..they will b to worried bout the squig and there for u can out shoot them! on the other hand i play all races...bbut if i vs u and i am playing tau watch out.................WE ARE HELLIONS LORDS OF FLYING DEATH ARMY!!!!!!!....................
Old 08-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #13
Unregistered

Talking Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

Quote:
lol i sorta aggree with all of u. i must say that baneblade fails alot...sorry.. Orks have great fire power. just get flash gitz. shootaz lots of them..have ya squigith. battle tanks ready...sit back and shoot those tau..they will b to worried bout the squig and there for u can out shoot them! on the other hand i play all races...bbut if i vs u and i am playing tau watch out.................WE ARE HELLIONS LORDS OF FLYING DEATH ARMY!!!!!!!....................
necrons r great i guess they definately would beat the imperial guard. the race that kicks ass is definately eldar
Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #14
Unregistered

Cool Re: Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Soulstorm Tips, Help, Tricks, Hints, Cheat Codes, Stra

The Best race is the Chaos Marines. They can build fast and the infantry, when fully upgraded can become infiltrated and take out the whole lot. Especialy with the Chaos Gods. Then the air support is second to best from the Elder. In about five minutes you can have an army and burn the other races in flames.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #15
Unregistered

agreed about the necrons, if you can get teh monolith out, its pretty much over, is a slow moving fortress with powerfull weaponry and you have your units teleport to it on the move