View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 05:56 PM   #383
fishgills7
Tatsmaksenpuken

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwe8k
Just beat Metroid Prime 2. Great fun. The weapons kinda sucked this time around, though. Especially the Annihilator beam. The story really loses focus a little ways into the game, too, but it was still a lot of fun. The abundance of cool areas and morph puzzles and battles make up for it.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I am intrigued.
The Annihilator beam ate up ammo like none other, but seeker quick fire double damage bullets? Good stuff, and it certainly wasn't as useless as the other weapon upgrades (did you ever actually use sunburst?). I agree with you on the story though. The original kept feeding you context as your progressed throughout the game. Echoes just dumps you into artifact-hunts. Lame. The level design was quite excellent throughout though.

I also beat Alien Hominid recently. It's a Metal Slug rip-off pure and simple, but intuitive additions to the control scheme (like rolling and burrowing) add a good amount of depth. It also adds quite a bit to the difficulty, which isn't helped by graphics. The hand-drawn style looks great, but the enemies have too few cells devoted to attack animations. Anticipating attacks is just impossible, resulting in a cheap death every few minutes. The game also changes the formula with a few flight missions. Think Asteroids but terrible. Still, when the game works, it works really well.
fishgills7 is offline   Reply With Quote