View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 08:09 AM   #369
Hypatia93
Figuring It All Out

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foom
I beat Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura for the PC last night. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the ending, though I did enjoy the story. This was one of the more frustrating games Ive played; not because it was difficult, but because of the bugs, the inconsistency of the quality of quests, and sloppy execution of a great idea.
Oh really? That's too bad. I was hoping to play it someday after I have a decent comp to run things on. Ah well, guess that just makes my "list of things I should play" that much shorter.

As for me, I finished both Onimusha 2 and Psi-Ops over the turkey holiday. Both had endings (like Halo 2) that simply implied a sequel. Meh. The things I liked best about them were:

for the former -- the manipulation of parts of the story via friendship with the four sub-characters;

for the latter -- its true, I'll hop on the bandwagon now -- the physics engine (throwing stuff around was simply a blast) and the entire psychic powers gig (very well executed).

Now I'm off to.. I have no idea. I'll decide later.
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
Hypatia93 is offline   Reply With Quote