View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 08:40 AM   #202
stratu
Golden Bug Collector

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

I finally beat FFX-2 yesterday. In some other post I was gloating about kicking ass in the 100-level dungeon (Via Infinito), but I should have kept my big mouth shut because at Level 100 I met my match in Trema. But I say it's pretty unfair that he will use a totally devastating attack (like Genesis) quite early in the battle sometimes, so you have NO chance. Then you have to go back and fight Paragon again. No thanks. So I went straight on and tackled Vegnagun which was a breeze. Quite an anticlimax. But I still enjoyed the final FMVs, and got the Good Ending .

Anyway, it wasn't as good as FFX but I had a lot of fun playing it, plus going back through Spira was a blast. And the Active Time Battle system was nowhere near as intimidating as I thought it would be. You get used to it pretty fast.

Favourite musical themes: Macalania Wood and Zanarkand.

I'd love to go on to another RPG but I've got Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life burning a hole in my shelf so I think I'll play that next. (The first shipment sold out superfast here and I waited months for it to come back in.)
stratu is offline   Reply With Quote