View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 04:54 AM   #2140
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Re: Post here when you beat a game. I mean it!

Hmm, I would recommend it, I think, but bear some things in mind.

It's a simplistic puzzle-platformer with a pretty great art style, as you can see from the screenshots. Gameplay consists of avoiding obstacles, throwing stuff to knock other stuff into reach, and taking object A to use with the nearby object B. One reviewer said the puzzles were at the level of a six year old, but I still had to look some of them up (I'm blaming unfamiliarity with the genre ).

There is a good-ish story, and the game itself is highly polished and flawlessly executed (as opposed to some other puzzle platformers like Vessel for example). It definitely conveys the horror and senselessness of WWI.

I think I completed it in 4 sessions of 1-2 hours, it is a short game by conventional standards and some people say it is 4 hours long (who are these people, they consistently complete games in half the time it takes me).

It's a wee bit repetitive, and you should break it up into short sessions anyway for max enjoyment.

All in all I was very happy with it. For a more critical view, RPS had a review wot I mostly agree with.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote