View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 12:25 AM   #765
QXZ
They hit me with a truck

Send a message via AIM to QXZ Send a message via Yahoo to QXZ
Re: What are you playing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Very little. Bought the Pinball Arcade season one tables again in the ps4 (half price) and have mostly been playing those. The harem sneak in and the 5x bonus on Tales and Genie continue to elude me on next gen
Still having trouble with Harem Multiball on Arabian Nights? You know the left loop that often leads to a locked all? You'll have to make that shot when there's a purple/pink light instead of a blue one. Five shots, and Harem should be yours.

As for Genie, the 5x bonus multiplier's mor difficult in practice than in theory. If you look closely at the set of four drop targets near the lower right flippers, there's a light that comes on after hitching certain targets. If you hit one while the light's on, that's going to increase your multiplier. However, it'll have to be turned back on after each multiplier increase. Hope that helps.

I've been holding off on Pinball Arcade for the PS3 for the past couple weeks. Reason being, I've been eagerly anticipating one upcoming table -- Black Knight 2000 -- for the PS3 since it was announced three months ago. After checking on the official Pinball Arcade page earlier today, it's been scheduled for "3rd Quarter, 2014".

I will say, though, that I've been playing Pinball Arcade for the Mac through Steam. The only tables I have for this version so far are Arabian Nights (still excellent), Black Hole (with a cool inverted lower table), the Theatre of Magic (not bad, but I can only take the overwrought organ music for so long), Ripley's Believe It or Not! (interesting license and theme, but otherwise forgettable), and Terminator 2: Judgment Day (not a great use of the license, but the table's design and gameplay are sublime; easily one of the best tables available on any platform).

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
-- Adam Savage of
Mythbusters

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.co.../GreenPuyo.png
QXZ is offline   Reply With Quote