Thread: 'Sup?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: 'Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gallaway View Post
Keeping content coming with a volunteer-only staff is a challenge, but we're trying!
This must be seriously challenging, thanks for putting in the time and effort.

I feel like this is one of the best gaming sites on the web. Every time I read a review here, I'm expecting the usual yadda yadda, and almost always come away feeling that my expectations have been challenged, if that makes sense. You can tell that the reviewers think deeply about the games they review.

I think there's a group of heavyweights - yourself, Mike, Dan and Sparky - who represent the core values of the site, which to me are great writing and insightful opinions.

However I also enjoy the other contributors, and some of the recent pieces (book & documentary reviews, games convention reports etc) have been very interesting and I'm happy to see them.

This is also the only site where I'll read the review for a hidden object game, or a JRPG which I have no intention of playing, just for the writing. I'll stop gushing now, but kudos!

One negative for the moment - and this is a personal bugbear - you should remove the Community Submissions forum section as a) there isn't enough community activity for any review to meet the criteria (10 4-star reviews) and b) no staff member therefore reads any of these reviews. It's a bit misleading.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote