View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #589
QXZ
They hit me with a truck

Send a message via AIM to QXZ Send a message via Yahoo to QXZ
Re: What are you playing right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QXZ View Post
A couple weeks ago, I had mentioned some of the multiplayer mode's problems, and had stated that "the jury's still out on whether or not [the attack dogs are] completely broken". Well, the jury's reached a verdict, and the overwhelming majority says "broken!"

Just to give you an idea as to why this conclusion was rached, in the first Black Ops game, if an enemy team in multiplayer called in enemy dogs, it was possible to find a hiding place, defend it with a claymore, and have the mutts trigger an explosion. In Black Ops 2, even if you do find a nice place to brace for contact, enemy dogs can harmlessly pass by any shock charges or proximity explosives that can temporarily paralyze, injure, or kill a human enemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB1987 View Post
Such a shame. To be honest, even as a COD n00b, I didn't find it too difficult to defend against dogs just using a knife in BlOps, but that just sounds like the game is plain broken. Still on the fence about buying it, I hear the new zombies mode is really good.
Two questions for you: (1) Which version of the game were you playing, and (2) was this from online play or not? My experience with Black Ops' multiplayer is exclusively from online play on the PS3, and I've found it virtually impossible to knife enemy dogs with any consistency. Of course, as mentioned earlier, this stems from the "six shots fired, two shots register" issue that's annoyed me to no end.

I'm not saying that Black Ops 2's multiplayer component is outright terrible; there are some positive qualities to be witnessed. I just wish Treyarch had done more -- scratch that -- if Treyarch had done ANYTHING to fix the technical and design problems that plagued BO1.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
-- Adam Savage of
Mythbusters

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.co.../GreenPuyo.png
QXZ is offline   Reply With Quote