View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #553
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: What are you playing right now?

Deadly Premonition Day 3

It's aggravating. This port is a shoddy, shoddy piece of work. The sound is a disaster - the characters are missing random words in the middle of a sentence now; they just cut out.

The subtitling has been done by a 15 year old internet commenter, by the looks of it. 'Where' instead of 'were', 'loose' instead of 'lose'.

They have literally not improved anything from the Xbox version, and made some things objectively worse. Fucks sake.

Balancing that out is the continuing strength of the cut scenes - and I suppose at the end of the day, this is a cutscene-driven game held together by some shonky mechanics. Often, a frustrating hour or two in the main game is saved by a powerful scene just before you log off.

A funny thing - the combat isn't too bad. It achieves what it sets out to do - a survival horror lite vibe - and the environments, though corridor-based, still remain pretty creepy. I have the Infinite Magnum now though, so no trouble there (though I still have to contend with the QTEs).
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote