Thread: Why you game
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
Dale Weir
Site God

Why you game

Which games (keep the list short if you can) would you show to a stranger as the best examples of why you game?

I ask this because an acquaintance had asked me recently for games that demonstrate why I game. She had assumed I'd be all about Call of Duty and trying to defend or sell that franchise to her.

I was pressed to give an answer so I admit that I didn't think too hard about it. I picked out six games. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros. 3, Final Fantasy II and Ico. I guess I picked these games because of the great experiences I had with them and the fact that they are easily playable despite their age.

I don't know if I convinced her of anything or not. (I don't really care if I did because we weren't really friends.) But it did get me thinking about the selections I made.

I'll admit that I haven't done much with the current-gen consoles (PS3/360/Wii) and I didn't mention a lot of the more hardcore experiences because there is the issue of her being able to actually play these games if she were interested--hence no mention of the Metal Gear Solids, 3D Legend of Zeldas or FPSs.

Anyway, what's on your list? What should I have put on mine?

Last edited by Dale Weir; 05-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Dale Weir is offline   Reply With Quote