QXZ
They hit me with a truck

Send a message via AIM to QXZ Send a message via Yahoo to QXZ
Roger Ebert: 1942-2013

Directly from the Chicago Sun Times:

Quote:
Roger Ebert loved movies.

Except for those he hated.

For a film with a daring director, a talented cast, a captivating plot or, ideally, all three, there could be no better advocate than Roger Ebert, who passionately celebrated and promoted excellence in film while deflating the awful, the derivative, or the merely mediocre with an observant eye, a sharp wit and a depth of knowledge that delighted his millions of readers and viewers.

“No good film is too long,” he once wrote, a sentiment he felt strongly enough about to have engraved on pens. “No bad movie is short enough.”

Ebert, 70, who reviewed movies for the Chicago Sun-Times for 46 years and on TV for 31 years, and who was without question the nation’s most prominent and influential film critic, died Thursday in Chicago. He had been in poor health over the past decade, battling cancers of the thyroid and salivary gland.
I felt this information was noteworthy because I'm sure that Ebert was certainly an influence on GameCritics.com -- even if nobody agreed with his opinions on video games not being art.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
-- Adam Savage of
Mythbusters

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.co.../GreenPuyo.png
QXZ is offline   Reply With Quote