View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
ZippyDSMlee
16-bit Poster

Re: So, the PS4 then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRob View Post
Consoles are based on manufacturing model thats almost 30 years out of date. ie- selling discs. It's wasteful and overpriced. And used digital property can't be resold, which is what publishers want.

As for PC price.. spend double what you'd pay for a new system and it's peripherals, and split the savings on the games.

Popular launch titles of last generation like Just Cause 2 for ps3 and Xbox 360 still run $20 for a game disc, but you can regularly buy them on Steam for 2.50$

I think PCs vs consoles has the same flaw in it as the american vs japanese car argument. Because it's been shown that japanese cars are better made, people spend more on them for maintenance, and vice versa- they run their american cars into the ground because they just expect to get rid of them after a few years. So the perception perpetuates the model. Same with consoles. You keep or sell the old one and buy a new one and a new library of games, and forget the money you lose. But if you buy a big PC with good memory and power, you just have to replace the CPU and GPU every few years. It's less money. And your library is in cyberspace.

eh, I'm ranting. I wouldn't be ranting if Sony was making some effort to differentiate themselves from their competitors, which I don't see them doing. I think what theyre doing is listening to marketing and focus groups and fucking up their game. Worrying about social online features is a last generation sales point, kids do all that already with everything else. They're getting bored of it. I'm sorry, just f____ Sony. I'm over it.
And even cheaper offline, I'll put you down in the do not like owning anything and "I LOVE ANAL PROBES "catagory...... I prefer physical media as it becomes much cheaper over time than digital distribution which if popular stays at 10-30% more than retail physical item price. Until they amend copy right to ensure and protect the resell of digital items fuck them, I'm not going gladly into a walled digital garden. At least I still own my physical copies enough to where I am not belligered or badgered for them to go online, update console(this console will self destruct in 20 seconds without going online and getting the anal lube, probes come later) or crap.

And I think I just out ranted you....out gibberished at the least..... LOL
ZippyDSMlee is offline   Reply With Quote