View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #405
Pedro
128-bit Poster

Re: What are you playing right now?

Shogun 2 continues. I have now taken over all of that island, but am prevented from further expansion by dissent at home. Unfortunately the entire northern half of the island was Christian, and it's a full time job keeping the cities from revolt as my state religion is Shinto-Buddhism.

I haven't even been able to burn down the aforementioned church, as the city it is in remains in such a parlous state, and the worst thing is I haven't been able to levy any taxes on these regions, for fear of pushing them into open rebellion.

So, while the clans to the east have been keeping each other busy (and worryingly, expanding), I have embarked on a program of temple building, which will slowly convert the Christians. Then I will be able to maintain minimal garrisons, levy taxes, and build my war machine.

The game itself is good - although it is grand strategy, I don't see that there are a lot of paths you can take - trade is there, and cultural influence is there, but at the end of the day you have to raise a large force and take other provinces. I have only scratched the surface so far, and haven't really been threatened yet though.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote