View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #38
Wanderer From Ys
Re: Game of the Year - preliminary discussion

Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
We could always give Mass Effect an extra zero in honour of your choice
I'll be doing the math, so you better add my 0 points!

Here are my top 5:

1. Sleeping Dogs - It is the modern Double Dragon in an open world. Both the driving and hand to hand combat were a lot of fun. One of the few games that I actually bought the DLC for.

2. Assassin's Creed 3 - I would say that I love this game for the alternate history, but isn't alternate history what were leaned in school anyways? Love the setting and characters. Ubisoft took a risk and took the series in a new direction. They still need to work on the controls though.

3. Forza Horizon - love driving around a fictional Colorado. A good break form the sim games.

4. FIFA Street- FIFA Street is a game that I found myself staying up real late saying "one more match."

5. Borderlands 2 - Borderlands 2 is what I wanted from the fist game. Spent many hours wandering the wasteland.

Games that I wished I played before the new year:
• Binary Domain
• Yakuza: Dead Souls
• Lone Survivor
• SMT: Devil Survivor 2
• Far Cry 3
• Last Story
• The Walking Dead
• Journey

Biggest dud: Resident Evil 6 - I have nothing against military shooters. In fact I play most of them. However when Resident Evil turns into one (a least a portion of the game) I think it is time to take a rest from the genre.

Worst come-back: Kid Icarus Uprising - Pit was a big reason I bought the last Smash Brothers and I wasn't disappointed. I knew at that point Nintendo was going to bring back Kid Icarus... Then they did... and it was a rail shooter... and they had to include a stand for the 3DS because the controls were so bad... then they said it may be another 20 years before we see another Kid Icarus... Not happy.

Best new hardware: PS Vita - While I am on the fence with the Wii U I love the Vita. People cpmplain about the lasck of games, but the 3DS didn't have that big of a year in games and I don't see anyone making a fuss about that.

Last edited by abfackeln; 12-23-2012 at 02:02 PM.
abfackeln is offline   Reply With Quote