Thread: Dark Souls 2
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
Li-Ion
Space Pirate

Dark Souls 2

Now it's been a couple of days since the announcement trailer, at the VGA of all places:

There has been hype, there has been hate. Since this is the internet the full spectrum of possible human emotions was as usual concentrated into extremes. The trailer looks different than your usual Souls-trailer. It seems much more character-focused than in previous games of the series. I'm also missing a certain DUM-DUM when it comes to the music. The shift in focus doesn't come as a surprise, given that there is a new director: Tomohiro Shibuya. Will the next DaS2 be more Monster Hunter? Hidetaka Miyazaki is still there in a 'supervisor' role, but I remember an interview where he sounded doubtful about his involvement with the next title in the series and what direction it will take.

Apart from wild speculation, there is not much known up until now. The trailer shows some dragons and dragon skeletons. The dragon with his third eye looks a lot like Kalameet from the DLC. I also noticed the absence of shields. Sword & shield has been a staple of Souls games but the main dude in the trailer seems to prefer two one handed weapons. Will 'dual wielding' become more prevalent? Will it be a direct sequel of Dark Souls? Then it might pick up after the 'dark lord' ending, judging by the narration in the trailer of undead having no fire or hope. Will the new game get away from Bonfires again? Will we have archstones again another hub like the Nexus in DeS? Is the woman in the trailer Velka? Or is she perhaps what will later become the maiden in black? Questions over questions...