View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
RandomRob

Rep Power: 8 RandomRob will become famous soon enoughRandomRob will become famous soon enough
Re: Rate this revew: Mirror's Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdthephone View Post
Hmm. See, I just wrote this as an honest take, a review and nothing else. When I write reviews I like to pretend as if the games were just released, because otherwise my opinions wouldn't be very genuine. You'd be responding to other critics instead of the game itself, which always comes off as a bit lame and a little pompous.
You're not responding to other critics, you're participating in the community here. There is a staff of professional writers who write for the site, not because it pays, but because they enjoy doing it. If you are recognized for writing excellence, they will help you shape your review and get it published, here, on the site. They are willing to make a commitment to you, in exchange for your commitment to edit your work, be more precise, try harder. I wrote 2nd opinion pieces for the site, and it was challenging and worthwhile.

It's invaluable as a writer to get this kindof attention, especially when you're writing in a specific niche.
RandomRob is offline   Reply With Quote