Old 11-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Pedro
64-bit Poster

Re: Game of the Year - preliminary discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li-Ion View Post
not my GOTY will be:

Mass Effect 3
Definitely, this was on my original list of three but I was writing on my phone and forgot to include it. I enjoyed it, and I love the technical achievement of making it work over three games. However once the furore over the ending blew over, I rarely thought about it again. And I haven't looked up the new ending on YouTube either. I love that they did the series, but this game was the weakest of the three I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRob View Post
Only new game I played this year was FTL
Winner by default? Feel free to nominate your own categories in here too - my next one was going to be Best Games you haven't Played, and it includes FTL, Endless Space and Crusader Kings (this was 75% off last weekend and my finger hovered over the Buy button several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanbatou View Post
I'd also be interested in knowing what people think the various GOTY contenders are.
I'm wondering too - I feel I need to play some more before year-end. Contenders could be XCOM, Dishonored, maybe Walking Dead (it is cheap on Steam for the whole series right now I believe, if you have a PC), I am Alive, Tokyo Jungle, Papo & Yo.

The last three all are cheap and have the benefit of being short so you have a chance to complete them, but two of them may be on PS3 only.

Other very good games that aren't in my game of the year list: Binary Domain, Dragon's Dogma.

Games I Haven't Got Past Level 1 on:
Tokyo Jungle, SpaceChem.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote