View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #366
JLB1987
Sex machine

Re: What are you playing right now?

I've decided I love Arkham City, more so than Asylum. It helps that Harley Quinn isn't so prominent this time round ("Mr J... Mr J..." FUCK MR FUCKING J), but this game is so much more varied, seamless, and does what it sets out to do- make you feel like Batman. Which I don't believe the previous game quite did.

I appreciate most how everything merges together, unlike Asylum, where you had a bit where you travelled, beat up some thugs, travelled, entered a room to combat armed guards (which amounted to a glorified, and increasingly tedious, puzzle, rather than making you feel like a marked vigilante)... And repeat. This time, it is possible to encounter armed guards anywhere. Not just the rooms with conveniently placed objects to hide upon, above your enemies.

A special mention has to go to Mister Freeze. Recently encountered him, and like Scarecrow in the previous game, I believe this to be the definitive version of the character. I've always thought of Freeze as a tragic, misguided and desperate man rather than a full blown baddy, and the game gets this spot on. I just hope the impending boss battle that I've heard about doesn't shatter this illusion. Oh, the Riddler is great, too.
JLB1987 is offline   Reply With Quote